Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how many Bill Cole Titanium's were made and if anyone has any photos that they could share. What would the current value be ?

Thanks for now ... Storeman

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
As far as I recall, only the one Mike Greenblatt was working on for himself The one he was doing was for personal use, so there's no way of know where it went. I believe he passed away before you joined, and any info your going to find will likely have to be gleaned from searching old threads on here.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
If I remember right, Mikes was the only one. I don't remember Bill ever building one. He had two different weights, but they were both steel.

But as old as I am, I may totally wrong!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I agree,the late Mike Greenblatt (PerazziBigBore) made for his personal use.I think he made a couple experimenting with weight and balance.You might find his posts on this looking up his screen name.

·
Registered
541 Posts
As far as value,one would have to be sure he was allowed to build it under Federal law.I believe the law allows you to build one for personal use but is not transferable.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Mike was from the east coast, but lived in, and had an antique store on Royal st, in New Orleans. He helped at Giacomo's during a couple Grands (08, 09, maybe). I, along with Kevin from Downrange, have seen the gun along with several others. I don't know about any others, or what happened to that one........merlyn

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I knew Mike Greenblatt. I shot one of the titanium Coles that he had made at the 2007 grand. It had a 36" barrel on it. He only finished one gun of the 3 he started. He did make 3 barrels. The barrels were made from French made 870 wadlock barrels(I can't remember the name of the French company). Same company that made copies of the Perazzi TM-1 barrels. The barrels were 34", 35", and 36" long.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Trapshooter ... Best info that I have received so far. Now if I could just get some photos from someone.

By the way ... Is that a 1956 Gibson Les Paul gold top Guitar that you are holding in your Avatar ?

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Photos may be gone forever, I looked at some of Mikes posts and the photos are AWOL. Unless someone thought to save them to their computer. Mike had posted photos of the various stages of construction, parts, ect.

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
FWIW and only slightly OT -

Briley made and sold a few titanium 36" carrier barrels for skeet tubes. The one I saw and handled was on a 3200.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I met Mike at the Silver Dollar and shot that titanium gun with a wadlock barrel. He loved the design of the Cole and Bill Cole gave him permission to build a titanium receiver gun. Mike and I talked a lot about Cole guns as I was shooting one back then and it was the best gun I ever owned and shot my best scores with. When we met i was very impressed with the quality of the gun it was as fine as the original Cole guns. Mike asked if I wanted to shoot it and I jumped at the chance being lighter than my gun which was the older heavier gun I was interested in if I could detect any difference this gun being titanium. We took the release out of my gun installed it in Mikes gun and I shot 25 targets with it the copy was so accurate parts were interchangeable.
I could not detect any difference in recoil and the gun fit me pretty well. The wad lock barrel also performed well if I did my part the French company made Hastings marked barrels I think Hastings contracted barrels from them with their name on them. They also made Perazzi TMX replacement barrels that were exact copies of the original Perazzi barrel I had one of those barrels and my gunsmith like it better than the original barrel said it was made of a harder grade of steel not too hard but not as soft as Perazzi steel. That is just his feelings but it shot perfect and I would have an other in a heart beat. In colseing Mike Greenblatt was a joy and a true craftsman and gave great advise and shared his knowledge feely to T.S. shooters and dearly missed by all that knew him.
Buddy Walters

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Buddy ... Thank you so much for sharing the wealth of info on the Titanium Cole. What a great read along with the honor and privilege to have run a 25 with Mike's Titanium. The only thing missing would be a photo of you holding it. Never a camera around when you need it. Now days every one has got one on their cell phone.

Brst Regards ... Your buying customer and friend,
Storeman Norman

AA  Best Kolar.png

1 - 15 of 15 Posts