Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did a gun deal with Dawson and can say their customer service is fantastic. They had the best price on the shotgun I was interested in and sent me pictures within 20 minutes so I could get a good idea of the quality of the stock. Shipped within 2 hours after I ordered it and sent tracking info. It was shipped FedEx delivery for last Friday but due to weather it was delayed until this Monday. This Monday it showed on the local truck out for delivery on Monday but did not get delivered. Each day this week it showed on the truck but this kept changing until Wednesday they indicated no delivery date available in their tracking even though it still showed on the truck for delivery. . I tried FedEx customer service 4 times this week to try and get something to happen but got nowhere with them. I contacted Dawson's about the issue this morning around 9:00 am. They worked some magic with FedEx and the gun was delivered to my ffl by 12:30. I cannot recommend them enough.

·
Premium Member
K-80
118 Posts
Thats an awesome report! Thanks for sharing that level of customer service. I haven't looked at them before but definitely will.

I bought a shotgun from a member not long ago and had a similar shipping delay/updates from UPS.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
While I've never bought a firearm from them, I've bought a lot of components and shells through them. All throughout the shortage they kept their prices at, or just slightly above the pre-shortage price. They never price gouged. They are the reason I know the other 2 stores in the area are gouging the hell out of the shooters. I'll be a lifetime customer of Dawson's just for that reason alone. BYG

·
Registered
939 Posts
I had the same experience with Pat, I purchased an MX8 Special combo from him a few months back excellent service

Mac

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I sure miss them not being at the Grand anymore. Wish they would return but I totally understand .The state of Illinois pizzing them off as they did a few others. I live in Illinois and deal with their dumb crap all the time.
Expecting the Government to be able to run a business (WSRC) is a joke.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Pat is great to work with and when I needed some parts he sent them
ASAP and I had them in a couple of days instead of weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hate to pile on but in total agreement, Pat took time to make sure the gun fit properly and gave some very good advice on maintenance, while there were a couple of other customers waiting their turn. It wasn't just a transaction as some other dealers. Pricing was right on!

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'll chime in too. Pat is a stand up guy. Bought two stock lock type stocks for guns I have. One needed to go back for a little inlet re fit. It was done, no questions asked and returned plus they paid the freight both ways, also sent longer post for comb as I asked-no charge. And Pat got on the phone and talked with me to address my issue in detail.

Would not hesitate to do business with them again. Money well spent.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I've bought guns from Pat ....ALWAYS as good or better than described....ALWAYS at a fair price...
Just like its supposed to be.......

FED-EX on the other hand, ..........well it's not nice to talk about the incompetent..........m

·
Registered
935 Posts
I've bought guns from Pat ....ALWAYS as good or better than described....ALWAYS at a fair price...
Just like its supposed to be.......

FED-EX on the other hand, ..........well it's not nice to talk about the incompetent..........m
Add inept along with incompetent:
1 : generally incompetent : bungling inept leadership. 2 : lacking in fitness or aptitude : unfit inept at sports. 3 : not suitable to the time, place, or occasion : inappropriate often to an absurd degree an inept metaphor. 4 : lacking sense or reason : foolish.

That gets us closer to how I feel about fedex but still a little lacking-I just don't have the words for it. My Vocab is not that well versed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought my 682 combo from them. Gun was better than described and great deal. Shipping was quick. Could not be happier.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts