Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big changes to the ATA. Check out the website.

http://www.shootata.com/pdfs/ATA_Reorg_Update.pdf

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Looks like normal activity that would occur in all organizations around the country to me.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
The real question is why is Seitz leaving? Also, what is the status of Frank Rively?

Fist things first that is two questions. According to the ATA website Mr. Rivley isn't listed there so I would figure he is unemployed at least by the ATA.

Just maybe Mr. Seitz has given his reasons and if he hasn't that would make it his business not your or mine or anyone else's.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Why is this bad news? Being from Greensboro and to have a VP and the new secretary living in my hometown is great.

FRedmon

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
What's so shocking???

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Rivley was dismissed at the Grand, old news.

Why are people always looking for dirt???

Don

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Don, I think the ATA wonderments started a few years back when 1 of the ATA officials was caught plowing (but not dirt) his secretary on the sofa.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Who cares if an ATA official gets his noodle wet from his secretary? How the hell is that gonna affect me and the ATA rules?

Matt

·
Registered
242 Posts
rively was dismissed as ed but was still getting paid pending his law suit.
as far as his "noodle", it can be called sexual harassment. that can cost the ata in legal fees and settlement money.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
What's really alarming is the reduction in registered targets shot over the years since 2001. This is not a recent trend but started in a big way in 2006 for a total of 30.7% through 2010. How do we stop/reverse this trend? JRM

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
The facts are we have not seen anything yet, the trend is supposed to go on for another 5 to 7 years with the economy, homes, forclosures, lack of jobs, business's going under, gas prices taking off and hitting all time highs ...
To hear them tell it on the news, everything is just fine and on the rebound ... I'd like to know where ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
I have to agree with WPT. Our economic woes didn't just start recently, they have been accumulating over a period of time.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If the trend continues over the next 5 years at the rate it has over the last 5 then that means another 30% reduction. Can the ATA stay viable with such a major loss? JRm

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
perga1

Yes it will stay viable. It will change a bit - maybe.

We pay peanuts for dues - $20 a year. The great majority will pay $50 after the "compulsory" bitch session. They need to be inching this up $5-10/ year.

Too many still shooting for the sport to die.

Don Verna

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Don Verna, I'm not so sure. We were duscussing the state of affairs today at the Silver Dollar and no one had anything good to say about the association. I know there are thousands out there that think everything is great but even a former ATA delegate from our state is totally disgusted. I believe the association needs a major change to retain the level of participation at it's current level which is way down from just 5 years ago. JRM

1 - 20 of 156 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.