Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,239 Posts
I did a lot of research 2 years ago on this style grill and ended up buying the Big Steel Keg. Have not looked back, I can cook strip steaks at 650 degrees or slow cook ribs for 6 hours at 220 degrees without adding charcoal or babysitting it all day. Sits on my deck in northern Illinois year round and still looks like new on the outside. No worries about it cracking inside or out, and a lot of the extras for BGE type grills are standard on the Keg. Good luck and have fun with whatever you buy, Harv.

·
Registered
268 Posts
another great grill is the Lyfe Tyme grill and smoker and grill, smoke , BBQ with it .. I use mostly wood to cook with on it and it works great.

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
Menard's was selling a chi-com knock-off of the BGE last year. The floor demo model was a real piece of junk. The hinge was mounted so cock-eyed, you could barely close the lid on it. Dang thing seemed expensive too. We ended up going conventional.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
923 Posts
There is a Big Green Keg steel grill on Ebay. I bid $150 before I realized I had to go to Charleroi, Pa. to pick it up. I doubt that bid will win. Ron

Added: I got outbid!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.