Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about BIG 50's handicap.
Can you get yardage if you break a good enough score. I never shot a big 50 event and just wanted to know if you could get yardage.
Thanks,
Subjr1

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Folishness aside....I think this has been a great addition to our sport. Gives us old guys time during the week in areas where there only a few places to shoot a chance to build numbers without getting worn out or spending a day away from home. Also iy gives us time to work with youth shooters in small numbers . In the vernacular of the South, I'm Fer IT!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,548 Posts
Oddly, I've had a difficult time getting them started in some clubs. Mostly, because it's something different and some clubs just don't have enough help to getting them started. I'll just keep on plugging' away.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Is it possible for a club to have a normal ATA shoot ( 100 bird events) and have 50 bird events going on at the same time? That way you could have something for all the shooters on one day.

·
Registered
148 Posts
According to the Rule Book Big 50 shoots are only allowed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and would allow practice shooters to shoot with the shooters shooting the Big 50 event but does not say that a 100 target event could be held at the same club at the same time.( no practice shooters allowed). This would depend on the number of trap fields the club had or could operate at the same time.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Mixing Big 50’s and 100 target events

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 5:44 PM, Kathy Key [email protected] wrote:

You can advertise it as a Big 50 and if there are three shooters that want to shoot the full 100 go ahead and let them.

It is one shoot. The shooters shooting 100 pay the $3.00 and everyone else pays $1.50.

They do not pay twice.

Just make sure that there are three shooters for each.

You can't have 4 shooters shooting the 100 and two shooters shooting the 50's, you must have at least three in each. If you would say that one of the four shot 50 with the other two the girls would never be able to divide that.

Send it in as one shoot.

Put on the financial that you had 4 shooters shooting 100 @ $3.00

3 shooters shooting 50 @ 1.50 for a total of $16.50

Kathy Key

ATA Office

·
Registered
896 Posts
My club holds no other events ATA related other than the Big 50's on Thursday nights, March through October. We don't get many shooters, but it does allow us to get the targets we need.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Anyone think that just like the Big 50's, it's time to allow non-ATA members to shoot at registered events, as does sporting clays (so called hunters class).

I would think a positive boost to smaller clubs....

Up to the individual club if they offer it or not.

By the way before I get jumped on, its already being done at a number of clubs (unofficially of course). Maybe time to make it legal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts