Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BGSL, IMHO, is one of the great venues for shotgun sports. 6 trap fields, 2 Skeet fields, and a world class sporting clays course. Today we added two more tower stations to add diversity to our target presentations, brings us to 3 tower stations.
It was great day for our club.
I shot 50 handicap, 75 singles, and a round of sporting clays, while completely Dominating my son. (We both shot 82 and he was shooting a new gun for only the second time. However, I'm older than dirt and I claim victory on the adage, Age before beauty. )
If you haven't been to BGSL, you've missed a great club. Located in Wilmore, Kentucky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have shot sporting clays at the blue grass facility . it is a beautiful facility and target presentation second to none , the personnel are friendly and top notch . marty fischer told me that the original course a number years back was set by him .
its a course i would definitely shoot again .

·
Registered
101 Posts
Charlie - any details on your towers? Look simpler than what we have at our club and appear to be able to be built very reasonably with some volunteer labor. Looks like there is a angle iron rail to hold the carriage? Any closer pictures is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Wilmore looks close to Lexington. I am going along with the wife unit to Lexington in late June. She has some Lutheran wimmin's conference, and I've got about 4 days to check out the distilleries, and other stuff. I think I just found a way to kill another day. Who's up for meeting me one day there?

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Charlie - any details on your towers? Look simpler than what we have at our club and appear to be able to be built very reasonably with some volunteer labor. Looks like there is a angle iron rail to hold the carriage? Any closer pictures is appreciated. Thank you.
I wish I could take credit for these. The long iron is fixed to the telephone pole, goes up 30 to 35 feet. The two towers could be used to throw to two different fields. As noted, the towers are battery operated.
BGSL is hosting KY State Sporting Clays Championship this year, come on down.

Reactions: MTRSG

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Foley Machinery Movers fabricated and installed thetraps. If you need one at your club they may be able to help.

Reactions: Setterman
1 - 13 of 13 Posts