Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Beretta A300 from this online retailer on January 1, 2020. Payment processed same day. Sent FFL on January 2. Confirmed receipt of FFL on January 3. As of today, January 29, I still have not received my purchase nor received any communication from this company relative to a ship date.

Online reviews were mostly negative but Norton LifeLock offered a free 30 day "Shopping Guarantee" so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll test the validity of Norton's guarantee today, before it expires, and let you know how that plays out.

My advice, even if offered a guarantee, is to stay away from this business whose practices are highly questionable if not downright fraudulent.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Hope you paid with a credit card. Then you can contact card company and reverse sale.
Like others said, in the future do business with reputable dealers

·
Registered
14,121 Posts
What's the part number? Is it something that is out of stock everywhere you look online? Chances are pretty good they are just a drop shipper and may not be able to even get the item.

Regardless, do a chargeback with your credit card and move on.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Something is amiss here. I'm 20 minutes from these guys, do a fair amount of business with them, shoot pistol league at their range and know several of the owners personally. Have you called the to inquire about you order? I encourage you to call (217) 562-7001 and talk to Tyler. I do know they were closed for annual inventory the first 10 days of Jan.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I’ve not had any trouble with these folks. They are local to me and all my dealings have been face to face. They do drop ship a lot of their guns though. Web site shows all kinds of in stock items that actually are not. They do have a nice inventory for a small town shop. Best I’ve seen actually.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Who needs to be closed 10 days for inventory? I work at a music store with between 4000 and 8000 instruments on site (all of which are serialized), and several thousand reeds, mouthpieces, strings, cases, etc, and we don't even close the retail sales floor.
Exactly - my own story is in College I worked for Office Depot and we didn't even close for inventory. They can run the business as they see fit, but I feel the closure is entirely unnecessary.

·
Registered
8,412 Posts
That's a nice looking shop/web site. Maybe they went into a depression when Pritzger hit them with that $1500 state license fee? :bawling:

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Communication Communication Communication

The lack of communication has been the downfall of a many a business.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
When I was in the HVAC wholesale end we did inventory every day , 30 sku's and the big yearly one on a Saturday .
Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I simply wanted to share my experience with this community. Some folks have had better results than I did. Great! I did receive an email from them yesterday informing me that the delay was due to an inventory problem and that the item would be shipped in 3-5 business days. Given that the item was listed as being "In Stock" and my order was successfully processed, I'm hard pressed to understand why it took 29 days to identify an inventory issue and why it wasn't addressed in earlier correspondence between us. Anyway, hope springs eternal. Guess that's why I still shoot trap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts