Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
What was your best and worst Christmas gift you have ever received?

My best was a Andy Pafko baseball glove. At that time, he played for the Milwaukee Braves. All year long I was asking for a new glove. I could not wait until spring to start using it. My grandson now has it.

Worst gift ever received as a child was argyle socks from my aunt Roberta, known to all my fellow cousins as the "sock aunt". She'd ask us kids what we wanted for Christmas each year and always gave us socks instead as she felt every child deserved a good pair of socks.

What was your best and worst Christmas gift ever received?
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Now that I know of the Reason for the Season, That is by far the Best!

The worst, can't think of any, "its the thought that counts"

Merry Christmas to All !!

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
Best a HH 53 helio plunking me out of the Gulf of Siam

The worst, what my ex bought me every year, a can of Sir Walter Aromatic pipe tobacco, a dozen tube socks, and a bottle of Brut aftershave, not that is was a bad package, just her attitude. She exchanged every thing I bought her no matter what it was, so the last year we were together I bought her a Skil worm drive saw, she got mad and said she didn't want it I said fine I do LOL

I still have it but wonder why those saws were selling like hot cakes, the damn thing weighs a ton, guess it was for building up muscles when you had to reach to make a cut

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Worst: When I asked for a dog, I received a squeaky toy fake poodle but a dog nevertheless. Learned to be specific.

Best: A dinner invite from neighbors, when I couldn't make it "home" during a blizzard.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
BEST EVER: My wife stunned me one year with a Browning Hi-Power. That gift is priceless to me now because she'd never set foot in a gun shop before and feared even being around guns. It still makes me feel like crying just to think about her doing that for me.

WORST EVER: Black & Decker tools. Buying a Tool Guy a B&D product is like buying Jay Leno a Yugo. I'm usually gracious though because 95% of people these days are completely ignorant of tools. My wife bought me a battery operated B&D tape measure once and I forgot to be gracious, LOL. God Bless her for putting up with me.

-Gary

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I guess the worst was Not getting that Andy Pafko baseball glove. Santa said he gave the last one to some kid in Milwaukee. LOL

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Best?.....that would be when my sweetheart moved back to Alberta, we got engaged and began our life together in 1971...worst?.....any of the clothes her mother gave me that never $%$%# fit!

Ron Burr

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ron:
I can relate, my mother in law (now deceased) gave me a size xl sweater from TJ Max every year. Every Christmas I told her I'm a size 4xl, but every year she'd still give me a size XL. I gave them away each year to my brother.
Steve

Bisi:
LOL
Steve

WPT:
Now that's a great gift.
Steve

Gary:
I know nothing about tools. I thought B&D was the best? Just kidding.
Steve
Catpower:
That was a good best Xmas gift.
Steve
Steve

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Best - My wife gave a me a gift of a Richard Petty 30 Lap Driving course at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Most fun I have ever had with my clothes on. Averaged 161 MPH and change on the last 3 laps.

Worst - None really. I always looked at a gift as a gift.

My second best was when I was a kid and my Mom got me a Mattel lever action rifle and pistol that had spring loaded bullets. You clicked the bullet into a spring loaded casing and when you pulled the trigger a plastic bullet came out.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Steve, Andy was my hero too. He always made sliding catches in right field for the Braves. I've got a signed baseball card and a 5X7 photo from him. See you soon my friend.

Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts