Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently purchased a Mossberg model 500 super bantam for my son, his first gun, and he wants to hunt EVERYTHING. Any suggestions for duck & turkey? I realize I'll need two different chokes to handle the two different quarry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the response Kemper. I just went to the pattern master web-site. They didn't have a choke tube for a 20 gauge. I realized I wasn't specific.

So then, how about a 20 gauge waterfoul & turkey choke?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I suggest you check out Patternmaster Chokes. I think one of their choke tubes might serve both purposes. A friend got one for his 835 and is very satisfied with the patterns he gets with both steel and lead shotshells. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

·
Registered
197 Posts
Barry said it first. I don't mean to step on Barry's toes as I didn't see the other postings before I submitted mine. Good coke tubes for 12 ga. however. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

·
Registered
725 Posts
Not trying to be funny but have you patterned the tubes that you have and if so what were the results? My youngest son (12) uses a 20 gauge 1100 for waterfowl and #2 steel patterns great out of the stock modified choke that came with his gun. It is my experience that steel shot does best with an open choke on a 20 gauge. Just ask the Mallard and the Goose he knocked down Saturday morning, two shots and both dead before they hit the ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.