Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I have a budget of $4500.00 to work with. In your humble advise what is the best Un-Single Combo in this price range. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
There's only three I can think of off hand for new guns.

Browning XT Combo (which I have and really like) a Beretta 682 Gold E (which a friend of mine has and really likes) and a SKB Combo (which another friend has and likes). I'm not too sure of the availability of the SKB anymore, you'd have to check on that.

I would recommend the Browning but the Browning and Beretta are real close in quality. The SKB maybe a little less quality and price but still a good gun for the money.

Bill

·
Registered
353 Posts
A dealer from Gaithersburg, MD has a lot of SKB's on Gunbroker.com.

Select shotguns, doubles, O/U and then narrow your search to SKB.

They are good values.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I second Jerry on this one. Buy a Perazzi if you can--it's money well spent. I know a lot of trapshooters have Brownings--I used to be one of them--but you'll be much better off with a Perazzi. There's just no comparison.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just bought a Joel etchens 687 for 4600.00 withh eell wood check out his web site joeletchens.com Great beretta guns for the money

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've just purchased (this past Tuesday) the Browning Unsingle Combo from Guns Unlimited... so far I like the way it feels and handles.. Use the extra budget for getting the gun custom fitted to you... or spend the rest on shells..

Just my two cents..

-Mike O.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
If you decide to go Browning..get the Monte Carlo stocked gun and have somebody reputable like Ruck or Tron to name a couple to install their aftermarket adjustable comb..you'll thank yourself in the end as the hardware they will use will hold its adjustments forever and last just as long

·
Registered
691 Posts
Caesar Guerini!!! Great guns, state of the art features, very good triggers, great barrels, reliable, GREAT service (if you ever need it) lifetime warranty! A great value IMHO. I shoot CG, Ljutic & Blaser and feel that in this price range, <$4500, a "nearly-new" CG is a must-see option.

Good luck!

WNCRob

·
Registered
274 Posts
IMO Joel Etchen 687 Trap Combo for about $4100 new. They hold thier value well cause the JEs have special serial numbers and several unique JE features so those you buy them hold on to them. Moderatley used JE combo go for 3200 to 3800 based on condition and mileage.

While not new, the other contender would be a slightly used Guerini Summit Unsignle combo 34/32 that go for about $4400 to $4800. New ones are a lot more but every once in a while a combo pops up here. The new one combo exceed your threshold.

The Beretta 682 combos cost almost the same as the Joel Etchens and they are almost the same but their resale value is $2800 to $3500 based on condition and mileage. They do have a removable/adjustable trigger which the JEs dont have...

The SKBs are good intro combos and great values but not on par with the JE 687, Beretta 682 nor Guerini Summit combo. If you get them at the right price, you can resaell them for what you pay.

Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.