Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best trophy you ever won. I never won it but the one that I remember was a 5ft. Trophy that was in the middle of the Club House and you got your name engraved on it for winning the State Shoot.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Solid silver belt buckle for high handicap on Nat'l trapshooting day...1989. Provided by the ATA. Don't think they do that anymore. - Brad

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Redland's: About 25 years ago I won a Strawberry smelling & tasting water hose, for winning a handycap event. No kidding, that was the trophy!!! Not the best, but differnt.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
my 100 straight pin from the Calgary (Alberta) Gun Club....shot in the company of my son Jamie and my best pal Lorne...priceless!!!

Ron Burr

·
Registered
965 Posts
First trip to NY State shoot,,,,went there to win a belt buckle,,,,and came home with a belt buckle,,,2006,,,,dont think they will let me shoot D class any more,,,looks like B for 2007,,,,sure would like one of those nice leather bags

·
Registered
48 Posts
No doubt about it, winning a buckle never gets old. Buckles, bags or money - why waste time or money on anything else for the wife to stick in the attic?

·
Registered
769 Posts
No hardware yet for winning in trap, though I did just win my first HOA Champion, got some money, but the memory of this first accomplishment in shooting will last as long as any trophy in my trophy room from my other hobbies.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The only good thing about a trophy is the check that comes with it. Most of us shoot for fun but covering your cost makes it more fun. Very few people make money but if you can have fun for free or only a small cost thats great

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
It's a toss-up between my Air Medal "for meritorious acheivement while participating in aerial flight in the Republic of Viet Nam---"1967-68, and my Purple Heart "for military merit", 1968

John C. Saubak

·
Registered
253 Posts
Havn't won any shooting but just last night at the local NRA banquet I won A Sig Sauer .40 cal. pistol and A diamond bracelet for my wife. I am happy and so is she.
Roy

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
1.Big leather shooting bag with the pouches on the ends.

2.Bronze sculpture of hunting dog.

3.Sterling silver bowl from ATA.

4.Small leather shooting bag.

5.$5.00 dollar gold piece.

6.Gold peso.

7.Moore pocket knife.

8.Small check I got from the Grand.

9.All my miscellaneous small trophies and plaques.

10.My 25 straight patch.

...My 50 Straight patch.

...My 75 straight patch.

...My 8 each 100 straight patches.

...My 4 each 100 straight pins.

I liked everything I won. Ray.......(ö¿ö)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Third place, Prelim Thursday, 1977 Grand, first year there. 97 from the 24-1/2. One 98 and six of us with 97, shot off in front of the main grandstand.

Missed target #12, hard right from 5, and #23,shot down the right side of a straight away. You think I don't shoot those two over in my head now and then? lol

Still have the silverware under the bar downstairs.

2000, The lone 25 at the Warren Klinger Memorial Pigeon shoot, VV Gun club.

3259 shooters at the Trap shoot and around 90 at the flyer shoot. Tough to call which one was more exciting.

AJ100

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Won A new TMS Perazzi in 1983 in a handicap event it had fancy wood and some engraving on it.
It was listed for a lot more than I sold it for but I shot it a couple of months and didn't like it so I had a cousin to take it to the grand and told him bring me 3,000 back im sure he made some on it also but I got what I wanted for it.

fog

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Winning a new car at a Las Vegas car shoot in handicap. Most used/useful trophy I've ever won was at my first ATA shoot in 70, a set of loading scales, still using them today. Gold piece belt buckles along with other coin buckles are special trophy's, hard to come by too! Hap

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.