Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to improve my gun fit. I bought Rollin Oswald's excellent book Stock Fitter's Bible and conclude I need a pad adjuster to correct a barrel canting problem. I need to add some pitch and turn the toe out some. I also want a new pad that is soft and flat my current one id trap curve formed making the toe fit problem worse. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I thought Todd Nelson did an excellent job. I was fitted by him, and had two matching guns set up. His proprietary hardware is top shelf. www.gunfitter.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
In my opinion, Todd Nelson is the best, period. His adjustable plate, manufactured by him, is absolutely the easiest to adjust. He has fitted two guns for me & I am completely satisfied with the hardware & the fitting sessions.

Jim

·
Registered
222 Posts
Todd is a class act. His work is second to none. Have had him do the work on my guns and will continue.
Jeff Ryals

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Nothing against Todd, good man. Greg Hissem is top shelf as well - makes excellent hardware - great gun fitter and great person and shooter as well

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for advice, I was hoping to pick a standard available on the market and have local guy install, Tron from this website. Graco, 100 straight or something else under $175

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
The Jones stock adjuster is great.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Todd Nelson, you only need stck an 1/8 inch allen wrench through the center of the pad to move in any direction, no dissasembly required. None better , none simpler to use,Period. Jeff

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a Gracoil....past tense. Even after talking with the company 3 times, we had to agree that their unit would not adjust enough to fit me. So, be informed that there is a limited number of holes in the Graicoil unit, and without modifications, will not always fit a person. I sent this same gun to Todd, this would be the third one he has done for me, and I was able to adjust in < 2 min when I got it back. As mentioned above, adjustment of Todd's product is exceptionally easy and quick. Todd, and all of those with Country Gentlemen get my resounding vote.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
If you're a do-it-yourselfer. Good luck.

Recoil-Less Engineering
Address: 20 EAST MAIN ST WINTERS, CA 95694 USA
Voice: 1-530-795-3771 Fax: 1-530-795-3855

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a R.A.D. system II for sale for $150.00. plus shipping. This unit not only gives you adjustability but also recoil reduction. Unit is used.

Smac66. What do you want for your gracoil unit. Thanks Mick

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Jones Adjuster & (std, flat)301-10- Kick-Eez pad. Depending on the thickness of the pad you're replacing, to come out with the same LOP (the Jones Adjuster adds 1/4") you'll have to cut the stock.........while you're at it, cut it to whatever angle (pitch) you want.

John C. Saubak

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.