Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping for all positive input. So I would like comments from former students, and, or established trapshooters, as to which active instructor, in your opinion, has the best shooting philosophy today,---not necessarily to be based on shooting achievements of each instructor.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Southpaw Sam,

I believe Harlan Campbell's philosophy that "Shooting better is a choice and that choice is yours" sums up the theory, the harder you work at something the better you will get at it.

I hope this is what you are asking about.

Ron Burdick

·
Registered
557 Posts
Working hard doesn't always get it. You have to work smart as well.
Are a good number of talented shooters shooting well because of good methods or inspite of them?

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
The art of passing along knowledge that truly benefits another takes much more than being capable of doing it himself. Some are proved "doer's, some are proved teachers as well. Good luck in your search.

Hap

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Kay Ohye - "Always get to the target with a loaded gun".

Dennis

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Each of the top coaches have good shooting philosophies...that's why they are good in the first place. You can learn something from each one.

You will naturally gravitate toward one whose personality, philosophy, and style best serve your way of learning, though. Everyone is different.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Once all the fundamentals are solid, the movement and firing should be pure instinct. Don't think, just let your natural reflexes do the work.
(thanks Coach, may you RIP)
ajc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.