Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else shoot a .410 for practice or just for fun? I'll take mine out once in awhile just for fun best score to date is 18 from the 16. A friend of mine thought I was crazy the first time I showed up with the .410; now that's the only thing he shoots. He's run 25's more than once with the litle gun. This year we're going to try doubles! I actually like the 28 ga a bit better as it's a little heavier and I don't over swing the target as oftne.

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
What shot size do you use?

Full choke, I assume?

I use a set of .410 subgauge tubes for skeet all the time, but never even considered using it for trap. I'd have to get a full choke for my tube set.

Might give it a try.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dad and I used or mod 42's every so often when there was $ on the line amazing what you can get yourself into all over a "FROGSKIN" single dollar. best score to date 23 16yrds 3" number 6 cause that's what I hunt with so that is what I have.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
A fellow, here in NJ, is trying to be the first to break 100 straight in a registered shoot so that's all that he shoots. I shot with him one day and he broke a 96 but I heard that he's broken a 99 at the PA state shoot. He shoots all new shells out of a Beretta O/U.

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I went 25 straight from the 16 "ONCE" with a 410. Hence, the handle shot410ga. But, I've only my granddaughter as a witness. It was her gun. Oh! Well..........

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Barrel, I bought the .419 from a nice older fellow about your age, he had it in mhis trunk, told me I couldn't miss wit it! Never saw that nice older gent again

E

·
0 Posts
They shoot Annies around here from the 16yd line with 410's. M42's and tubes make up the better part of the line.

1/2 oz of 9's going 1250 will break'em pretty hard for call birds. 11/16's of 7 1/2's do well for longer shots.

ec90t

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John, I'd be willing to sell you my .419 it is a one of a very few ever made. Please send me a check (cashiers) for 35,000 and I'll ship right out! I bought it from Barrel Bulge it was in the trunk of his Gremlin

·
Registered
8 Posts
I SHOOT 410 A LOT(remington 1100 sporting)WITH A WENIG ALL AMERICAN STOCK,FINISHED AND FITTED BY JIM HOOLEY....I SHOOT IT FOR TRAP , SKEET ,AND SPORTING CLAYS.... WE HAVE A TRAP LEAGUE HERE IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA BAY AREA..IT`S CALLED THE SOUTH BAY TRAP LEAGUE , IT HAS A .410 EVENT AT EVERY SHOOT...I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO WIN THE YEAR END BUCKLE AND 3 MONTHLY EVENTS , AVERAGE SCORE 46/50 WITH 3, 25 STRAIGHTS I GOT MY 1ST 25 STRAIGHT AT SKEET WITH A .410 TOO...55/65 % AT SPORTING CLAYS....THE POINT I`M MAKING IS , JUST SHOOT THE GUN AS YOU WOULD A 12 GA..YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW GOOD YOU`LL DO...I SHOOT A MODIFIED CHOKE WITH #8 SHOT BOTH IN 2 1/2 AND 3 INCH AND RELOAD TOO...IT`S HALF THE PRICE OF SHOOTING A 12..EVERY BODY THAT SHOOTS IT BREAKS OUT IN A GRIN , IT`S SO MUCH FUN

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.