Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to trapshooter.com and cold use some help. Will be parting with my Trap gun soon and need to understand best practices, particularly in the areas of funds transfer(i.e., mechanism and timing) also how to handle the transaction direct vs. through FFL, ramifications etc...

Net: how best to sell a gun on trapshooter.com

Thank for picking me up on this one................

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
As the seller, you have the advantage. You get the money first and cash it before you send out the gun. Always send it to an FFL and call the FFL to see if he knows the buyer.

Also ask if the buyer is an ATA member, get his mailing address, bank, home phone number etc.

The buyer always has more risk unless it's face to face.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Very important item, honesty. Lots of clear pictures where one can actually tell the condition of what is being sold.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Tell ever one that it is being sold as new, everyone seems to like that on trap shooters. com
We all know it isn't true but it sounds great!
Tell everyone how little you shot it, be sure to way underestimate the number of shells fired!
Call it 98% when it really is beat up!
List all the work that you have done to it, even if it doesn't do the other guy any good!
Offer to pay shipping if the guy is willing to pay several hundred more that it's worth.
Get mad if someone makes you an offer, even if its a reasonable amount!
Tell people if they won't pay your price you'll just keep it, Put back in the gun safe for another few years!
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
Because of the risk to the buyer in a transaction where the seller is a complete unknown(as is the case with you), be prepared to offer references from your gunclub who will have some connection with Trapshooters.Com or the ATA. Scammers are everywhere and a buyer needs to have total confidence that you are not a scammer. It will be your responsibility to conduct the transaction honorably. After you have conducted several honorable transactions here, you will become known as a person who is worthy of the trust of the members.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
I have done a bunch of gun purchases and other stuff and have not had a bad one yet. ask for a phone number. call the person and have a conversation. let them call you back. most trapshooter are honest. yes you find a bad one but most are real people like you. motordoc

·
Banned
486 Posts
Trapshooteers are good guys for the most part, I agree totatly with the fact in talking with the owner and ask as many questions as you can, as stated, that may give you the best feel for the deal and that may back you off after from the deal as well as move you closer to it.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Yes heaven forbid you actually talk to someone! STAY IN CONTACT I have the net at my house no smart phone so the second someone sends a email or pm some people my not respond asap. That is why I stress VERBAL communication. The buyer is always at the mercy of the seller. If the gun is F'ed up not only make a note, but have them repeat it so there is no "you didn't mention that" B.S. All in all a great group of folks here.

Best of luck to ya my friend,

Brady Gies

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all that responded and for all the great input. Big help and I've listed my CG Summit Trap since. Thanks again, enjoying all aspects of Trapshooters.com:)

·
Well known trouble maker
2,840 Posts
Good luck with your sale rklyn36.

I agree with motordoc's post above. I have had quite a few transactions here on TS.com and all have been good. Talk to the other party on the phone. Sure there are a few scammers around but most all who frequent here are good folks.

Doc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts