Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile since I've been logged in, crazy things like work and family get in the way. I have a trap gun I would like to sell, but apparently I don't have sufficient privileges to post it here. So, my question is, would it be better to try and sell it at one of my local clubs, or would gunbroker be a better choice?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Try you local club first. If that doesn't work, try gunbroker.com.
I've bought and sold many shotguns on gunbroker.com and it
is easy to do. Take some good pictures and give an honest description
of the gun. Have a realistic reserve price and you should be successful.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Clean you Trap gun thoroughly inside and out . Take some good clear photos of the action open, the wood, the barrel and rib
State any issues with blemishes scratches or dings. Length of stock and pad, barrel length, chokes . Your no haggle price.

Give as much detail as possible as it will keep some, "but not all" tire kickers and resellers from hounding you with their
gun show speak and routine . If you don't have any success at your club after a month or so, let a dealer who sells and trades in
trap guns sell it for you. Expect a percentage /commission from any legit store front dealer who takes it in for you.

Using Gunbroker can cause headaches with compliance of FFL laws, shipping and those sharks who will get you to ship without
a valid payment.

Eddie

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Excellent advice from Eddie. I would underscore the idea of turning your well cleaned arms to a recognized, trusted dealer for a couple of reasons. Be prepared to only realize less than wholesale price for your trap gun....BUT....consider that the dealer is entitled to a fair share of the selling price considering his/her time, trouble, expense, and access to a large market. Plus, putting up with tire-kickers and packaging, shipping, and legal compliance are headaches you do not need and usually do not have the experience, time, or temperament to deal with. A 15 to 20% commission should be considered realistically. I will be faced with the same circumstances soon so Good Luck with your sale! Best Regards, Ed

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Take it to a gun shop near you. All reputable shops around here buy guns.

Or you can play the games that come with the listing websites.

·
Registered
917 Posts
It's been awhile since I've been logged in, crazy things like work and family get in the way. I have a trap gun I would like to sell, but apparently I don't have sufficient privileges to post it here. So, my question is, would it be better to try and sell it at one of my local clubs, or would gunbroker be a better choice?
If you know someone already on this site, who can post it for you, you might get them to put it on here for you.
In my opinion - this is a great site and a solid place to sell (or buy) a gun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys, I took it to a local club and have numerous people interested already. Thanks again.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
I like Jaquas. They deal on a commission basis and are great folks to work with. I hate Gun Broker and all those Auction bidding sites! I have a price I will give and a price I will sell at. I have no use for all that bidding crap!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I would ask myself this question first. Why do I want to or need to sell my gun. If you need the money for family then that is one thing. If you just want to sell it because your not shooting right now for whatever the reason. Just remember that Gun is just sitting there minding it's own business. It's not eating you out of house and home is it? If your selling because of non use due to more important issues like taking care of the family. Maybe you could just sit it back and when the day comes where you can again get into the game. You and your gun will be ready. OK, so I know that didn't answer your question on the Best place to sell. But I just thought I'd throw that one out there since no one else has. Good Luck and All the Best to Ya.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
If you don't need the immediate cash, consign to a dealer who specializes in selling target shotguns. Consider this route is easier and usually nets the most without concern.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Thanks for the replys, I took it to a local club and have numerous people interested already. Thanks again.
So participating in this forum to have sufficient privileges is just too much to ask in order to list it here? Do you know why you do not have sufficient privileges to sell here?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts