Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we are having all these best of threads; best quarterback, best running back, best song, best c/w singer, best this, best that, I thought I would ask - best place to hide from my current life?

To borrow a paraphrase from the 60s I'm wanting to tune out, drop out, and hide for a few years. Not on the lame from the law, just life. I want it to go away for a few years until I can tap my IRA and start collecting SS. LOL

Was thinking about a Del Webb community in AZ, but the new house that was selling for 129K 4 months ago, they are now asking 179K. I guess real estate is back. Wow, can't hide there.

I need a place with low humidity where I can make enough money for health insurance, cable, and a couple of cases of beer a week - off the beaten path. Somewhere? Anywhere?

PS I only habla English.

Anyplace?
That's the biggest problem with this country - no place to hide

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
In the desert. Put a pickup camper on a snowmobile trailer, dig a hole for your outhouse, and enjoy the good life.

You can have a generator so you can watch TV a little, and gas stations will let you fill your water bottles.

But seriously, I have seen some very deluxe mobile homes and parks.

HM

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
You could hide out in the end zone of the Iowa State Cyclones!

Why, you ask?

Because no one ever makes it to their end zone! lol

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Two places come to mind.

The Na-pali kona cliffs area on the island of Kaui. I lived there as a young man for a while. Remote but comfortable. A 2 mile hike in and live in a tent. Go to town occasionally for your mail and supplies.

We were at Sea Rim state park in Texas two years ago and there were people living on the beach..indefinitely it looked like.

Both of these places would really hide you if that's what you wanted.
Bill

·
Registered
398 Posts
Isn't this the reason why we have Washington DC? Get elected or appointed to the House of Representatives and it should be easy to hide for 2 years and be set for life...

--Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts