Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject says it all. Quality first followed by price and turn around time.
Thanks
Mark

·
Vendor
19,415 Posts
Marc. Turnaround often hinges on how much has to be done to the parts before they hit the tank. It's not that they do not like to do disassembly and polish, but rather that they wait for a "spare moment" to get it ready for the tank.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glenrock Bluing, Glen Rock WY. Absolutely excellent in workmanship and service. You can get their phone or address off S&W Supply Co. Jim White (the whizz).

·
Registered
992 Posts
What if you need the over and under barrels reblued. What about the side ribs? I have been told that the side ribs will come loose. Trevor Dawe.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'll add to the chorus recommending Giacomos. Dan uses the slow blueing method. It takes longer, but you don't have to worry about side-ribs. I had them reblue one of my Perazzis, and the work was outstanding. J.G.Sayle

·
Registered
385 Posts
Why is everyone scared to death to name a price whenever this subject comes up?....BUD

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
mflora's original post requested we consider "Quality first...". Seems to me that's what we all did.

In my experience, pricing is quoted by the gunsmith after seeing the item he is being asked to work on and can accurately estimate the time and materials it will take. As to delivery, that usually varies depending on how much work is ahead of yours.

Gene in Illinois

1 - 20 of 20 Posts