Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some extended choke tubes for my Beretta A400. I'm looking for extended Optima HP hunting chokes. I've never used Carlson's before but I do have some Tru Locks
I don't want factory tubes so which tubes do you recommend and where is the best place to buy them.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It depends on what you're looking for. Target chokes, hunting constriction, or hunting wad stripping chokes. Briley, Carlson, Mueller, Wrights, Kicks, Patternmaster, Compnchoke just to name a few.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would second the Muller Chokes! You can get them used on this forum sometimes, ebay or through the manufacturer.

·
Registered
10,551 Posts
For chokes there's only one name you need to remember!!!-----"BRILEY"----That and forget about any porting in the chokes. It does nothing for your pattern. Briley will even give you a nice deal when you buy a full set all at once. Don't forget to get the extended chokes and a speed wrench if you love to shoot all the games.

The extended chokes are very good for three reasons!!! 1) They will help protect the end of your barrel, esp. if you like to rest the barrel on a pad or toe rest, or even if you hit something with the end of your barrel by accident. You will only hurt the choke, not the expensive/or impossible to replace barrel. 2) You can always tell what choke is in the gun without having to remove the choke. 3) For the bling!!! A nice gold ring, or a colored band, or a two toned color change makes the barrel look better "Right". Break em all Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts