Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,019 Posts

I’ve used this Ruger Red Label for years. It kinda fits my maintenance program. Don’t worry about the shiny stainless too much because I’m usually in a good A frame blind or have it tucked in with me in my layout blind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That was going to be my recommendation and have it camo dipped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used a 12 gauge Ruger Red Label for a while. I liked the fit of the gun, but after shoot ducks with it and 3" shells and the safety going one after the first shot almost every time, I sent it down the road. Never had any issues with 2 3/4". I made sure it wasn't me pushing it on.

·
Registered
Browning BT99 Browning Lightning superposed
54 Posts
One of my guide friends is shooting a tristar hunter. He has over 3000 rounds thru it with out a single issue. I shot a few geese with it last season and it felt really good and they’re only 700 bucks

·
Registered
38 Posts

I’ve used this Ruger Red Label for years. It kinda fits my maintenance program. Don’t worry about the shiny stainless too much because I’m usually in a good A frame blind or have it tucked in with me in my layout blind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That was going to be my recommendation and have it camo dipped.
I’ve got a Ruger stainless that I had dipped in a wetlands pattern. It’s kinda a club to be honest but it is indestructible so I take it out when it’s likely to get abused

primary Gun is a vintage Winchester 101 that I had Briley lengthen the forcing cones. Tweak the trigger and and thin wall extended chokes. With a 30 inch barrel it’s pretty much perfect. I miss the third shot a machine offers some days. But my bird totals match everyone else’s. So I’ll stay with it

·
Registered
38 Posts
I shoot a Winchester 101. 30inch barrels 3 inch chambers. Had briley put thin walls in it and clean the trigger up. I seem to tag as many birds as the guys shooting machines and 3.5 inc chambers. Course I don’t believe in busting away and wounding hi birds

·
Registered
54 Posts
not sure it matters as long as you shoot it well. I have used a 682, Citori, Perazzi. I liked the earlier idea of an old 101... find something that you feel comfortable with and have fun.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts