Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without cynacism (sp?), your thoughts....

Oops forgot the video from youtube....

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dcDTPGZ8FoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

· Registered
1,329 Posts
Without cynicism, this question is impossible to answer. What is great for me won't be great for you.

There simply is no "best" O/U shotgun. There are many very good guns.

· Registered
8,716 Posts
IMO, Fabbri is the best O/U money can buy, but it's not for everyone, especially not for competition shooters.

The best "practical" O/U, especially for heavy competition shooting is Perazzi MX-8. I say this with good confidence because most winners in the Olympics agreed.

· Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sluggo,,,,based upon normal criteria,,,,i.e. best bang for the buck, pointability, reliability, resale value, customer service,,,,the "normal" criteria looked for in a shotgun....

· Registered
11 Posts
The best over and under, or double for that matter does not boil down to brand! All of you that are proud can get defensive, however, the weather defines the firearm on this particular question. Winter, a double with extractors, Spring through Fall, ejectors. Anyone who argues with that statement has never hunted, or spent several hours in subzero temps trap shooting(without removing all oil to prevent sticking). Now, you can narrow by brand and make a decision without favor to one gun.
Joshua Cox

· Registered
489 Posts
I have to agree with Barry. I have an MX-8 & a 682 Beretta & although it is a solid gun & good shooter, I can't see rating it as #1 & leaving MX-8 off the list unless base price is the main criteria. I also think that the Cynergy at #4 is a reach. John

· Registered
1,355 Posts
HUH?

Who came up with this? Allow me to educate you..

1. Perazzi MX12, MX2000S
2. Perazzi MX8
3. Beretta ASE 90
4. Beretta 682

5. All the other "pretenders".....

· Registered
1,258 Posts
I agree all of them are fine guns, as to the order well thats all personal preferences. But my goodness that stick on cheek piece on that Cynergy, dang must have used duck tape and foam on th p&k guns.

Jerry

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.