Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I think I could write the rest of the story plus or minus a few details. But I will give a +1 for understanding just what these pals of ours bring to the hunt.

Excellent pic that really shows some of the best things in life, a very nice shotgun, a wonderful bird dog and brace of roosters in the bag. Very nice.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I have lived through that pain and it lasts. Reading your story made me change my avatar to better keep my best partner on my mind.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sad to note that you lost a wonderful, loving, and loyal companion. We all can only hope to have human friends that exhibit the virtues of our dogs. May you always find solace in knowing that your partner is buried in your heart.

·
Premium Member
8,006 Posts
Try to consider the richness that was brought into your life and focus on that. You have had a rare gift of sharing time and experiences only a few get to enjoy. Treasure the great memories and look to the day you might share those type of good times again with some other special friend. May the good Lord who showered you abundantly with these blessing ease your sorrow and mend your heart.
Aloha No Ka Kou

·
Registered
622 Posts
Our dogs are the ultimate conveyors of unconditional love. We are blessed to have them. We just spent the week with our 8 year old Golden Retriever grand dog" Bailey" Both my wife sand I are in withdrawl, perhaps even more than when our human grandchildren leave after a visit. Best wishes and know that dog lovers everywhere feel what you are going through.
Jim

·
Registered
945 Posts
I understand your loss. Its hard to go hunting without your best friend. I had mine creamated and spread his ashes in a big field full of pheasants,its where he would want to be!

Reactions: 1straightshot

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hope the memories of the good times will help heal the hole in your heart. You sound like the kind of hunter that gave the best life a pup can have; birds, your love and a soft, warm ,dry place to sleep in.
Art

1 - 20 of 28 Posts