Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What are the best gun stores in the Phoenix area ?

Not big box warehouse retailers.

Real gun stores.

Folks who would know what a Browning Superposed, a pre-64 Winchester Model 70, or a First-Generation Colt SAA is ?

A place to buy and trade guns and not take a number in order to talk to someone who moved from apparel to kayaks last week before moving to guns this week ?

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
FET Guns and Componants, Frank Teichman (602) 708-0982 ... They resently moved but you can call and get the new address ... I have been there many time, just don't know the address ... They are near Deer Valley Airport ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
537 Posts
There are no good high grade sporting gun dealers in the valley. You are stuck with Bass Pro or Cabelas.

Most of the shops here with expensive well made guns sell the tactical variety. Not that there's anything wrong with that at all, but you won't find a shop you can walk into and heft and compare Krieghoffs and Perazzis. For a metro area of this size, it surprises me. If it exists here I have not found it yet.

I was truly spoiled living in such close proximity to Great Lakes and Jaquas prior to moving here. It's a minor inconvenience though in the big scheme of things...first world problems and all that.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
What about Southwest Shooters Supply's in Phoenix, they have plenty of clay target guns. Give them a call @ 602/943-8595 or check them out @ swshotguns.com. I think you still have call for an appointment, least I did and that was years ago. Good people and lots of cool shotguns from Browning A-5's to Famars nad everything in between.

Surfer

·
Registered
16,840 Posts
Southwest has a mittful of nice engraved K & P guns last time I saw them. Lots of other nice ones too. I don't know who Bruce has working now since Al Peck passed but the fancy guns are still around.

Link provided.

HM

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
SevenMaryThree has obviously never been to FET Gun and Componamts ... How about a nice Seitz, Kolar, Kreigoff, TS 2000, or Perazzi ... Frank has some guns that will make you green with envy, he just don't have them out in a rack for the world to see ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
537 Posts
WPT - The website has been down for...a year??? And they are on the extreme polar opposite end of the valley from me - if he's even still around. I dunno.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.