Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new reloader and am coming to the end of my 1st order of Figure 8 wads. I'm very happy with the Remington wads, but at a ssavings of $25-30, is it worth going to a clone? Also, are the clones petals stitched like the Fig. 8? Is that an issue that I should be concerned about? What are the key issues, other than price, in evaluating moving to a particular clone rather than the Remington wad? I have been using all Remington components and Clays powder, loading #8.5's for the 16 yd. line and #8's for H'cap, 1160 to 1200 fps.

Many thanks.

WNCRob

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I think the best "Figure 8" I've ever seen was Jayne Mansfield......followed by Marilyn Monroe at 7.99999999.

And no plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curt

·
Registered
793 Posts
check for better prices, the clones are ok but the weight is not the same as the original fig 8 and they are not stiched at the top,and just do not feel the same,for now I am sticking with the original for .0004 of a penny

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
The Downrange Clone has worked better for me than the Claybuster CB8118-12. That said, I still use the original when it counts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rem. fig.8 wads are heaver in weight than any other wad on the market. I have used them all and I will stick with the Remington. Maybe just me but I think they do a better job. Keep pulling that handle or pushing those buttons.
Fran

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Remington wads are around $100 per 5,000
Clones are around $60.00 per 5000

That is a substantial savings.

Primers Winchester and Remington are around $125
Rio's are less than a $100

Promo Powder is around $70.00 per 8lbs

Now this is SUBSTANTIAL savings

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have a buddy that told me when I started shooting trap that this endevor was about spending money not saving money. If you change to save money and drop targets because of it what is that worth?
Doug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.