Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST EAR PLUGS?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  coveybuster 
#1 ·
We had a company that came out to our club that made molded ear plugs to fit each individuals ears. We can not find those people now and have called around and nobody in our area does it for less than $170.00. When they were at the club they charged $60.00 for a set. Is there any better ear plug or company out there we can go to? We are tired of the sponge ear plugs that never seal right and after the second time they come loose and don't seal properly and screw up your concentration while on the line. Ear muffs don't work for me because they scratch my monte carlo stock.We want to find something better and any suggestions or ideas are welcome and appriciated. Let me know whats worked best for you. Thank you

#3 ·
The E.A.R tapered foam have the highest rating of noise reduction of any on the market.With foam it is in once out once then get a new set never reuse them. I stopped using the molded plugs because or reoccurring external ear infections. Even with the best intentions most of us are way less than clean with our ear plugs so I decided to go to the one use and out plan. 200 individual wrapped pairs of the best plugs only cost me $28.00 and will last me about 4 months. I bought mine on e-bay from a vendor named greeninil for 13.99 per 100 pair with free shipping. There are many different styles,brands and prices so shop around.

Typical NRRs from various websites

NRR (Noise reduction ratings) are in decibels so a change of 3 is 50% + or -

EAR foam 33NRR

Molded plugs 27-29 NRR

Ear muffs 25-27 NRR

--- Chip King ---

#7 ·
Do you or a friend use hearing aids or have an audiologist in your club?? I got my last pair from an audiologist, they make the mold for in the ear hearing aids, you might possibly get one of those people to make them --for a price of course. Ross Puls

#9 ·
I would love too, In fact I've been trying to convince my local club that they need me as a live on custodian. In reality though I may use a few pair on each range session depending on who I'm with and conversations and breaks and what shooting I do. But I do try to get in a couple of trips per week weather permitting. And then there is the winter league.

--- Chip King ---

#11 ·
I shoot trap and outdoor pistol / rifle with the Norton Sonic II plugs. I use the foam roll-ups indoors. One day I shot pistol indoors and then went to the trap field, and left the roll-ups in. I couldn't hit crap because all I was concentrating on was how different my gun sounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.