Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I like and use the 8 finger Windjammer RPL for 16 to 18 yard shooting and first shot in doubles and really I really like them.

·
Premium Member
11,846 Posts
Depends on what load you want to use, and what powder.

Are you planning to shoot a 1-1/8 ounce load, or a 1 ounce load?

What powder will you be using?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Depending on the primer, that's a pretty hefty load for singles. I personally use 17.5gr of claydot in Rem hulls with 1 1/8oz loads and a cheddite primer. I use the downrange figure 8 copy with this load and it seems plenty fast enough. The same wad with around 20 gr of Green Dot will do the job from mid distance handicap range.
John

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
STS or Nitro, 17.4 of Clays or Clay Dot, DR XL-118 with westcoast 8's Win209. When I do it right, nothing but dust hanging. Sadly, not every shot.

I believe from published data the above would be just a tad faster than 1150 fps. Allowing for Kentucky windage and hull age, should be at least 1150. Both of the above powders never vary even .1 grain with my Spolar. I did get +/- .2 grains all the time with the 800+. Not the end of the world, but I did notice the difference. I weight 2 shells in every 25, and that has been the case in over 15,000 reloads.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i use a rem hull, cheddite primer, downrange XL1 wad, 1-1/16th to fill the hull up for a nice crimp & 16.5 grains of claydot. i would not want to shoot 100 rds with 18.0 grains of claydot. grind em up, razor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.