Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT GUN CLUB HAS THE BEST FOOD, AND WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DRINK AFTER A LONG DAY OF SHOOTING?

mine was the Milwaukee gun club, I loved the Italian sausage sandwiches. after a long day of shooting i love to drink jim beam. whay is your favorite club house food and drink?

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
When I lived close enough to do it I used to frequent the clubs in lower Michigan and several had Walleye feeds. I will never forget those.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can't beat the grilled pork chops at the Owatonna, MN gun club. They do an excellent job. After the guns are put away, there is nothing better than
Crown Royal on the rocks.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Neil,What year did you eat there.The first year we had supper there and the steaks were all way over cooked.

I think they have changed vendors since,but not sure.

Best food in my area,Peoria IL. gun club,Ouincy IL. gun club,then there was Virgina IL.gun club no longer open sad to say.

Bocephas

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm biased because I am the President of the Owatonna Gun Club, but I agree with Scott, there is no better place to eat after shooting than the Owatonna Gun. The refreshments aren't bad either.

·
Registered
854 Posts
STATEN ISLAND SPORTSMANS CLUB WEDNESDAY NIGHTS ...CALAMARI OVER LINGUINI!
THIS TIME OF YEAR THERE ARE AROUND A DOZEN SHOOTERS....BUT 4 DOZEN EATERS!

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Staten Island Sportsmen looks great, go to Brooklyn every 6 months to help out some elder relatives. This the type of food you really don't see in the south.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Piedmont Sportsman Club in VA gets my vote of those I've shot at. Andrea always supplys a homemade breakfast and lunch. Something different each shoot and always good. She claims that we are her guinea pigs for recipes. And for after the smoke has cleared a BIG jug of water or a Powerade Zero.

--- Chip King ---

·
Registered
308 Posts
Negaunee Rod And Gun club. Once a month is pasty day. Best I have eaten, with a shot of old girlfriend (slang for old grand dad) and a cold bottle of Miller Lite. A great way to close out the afternoon.

Letts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Food and drink? Then it would have to be Las Vegas. I always hit the bar at Steve's place then it was on to a hotel/casnio to eat.

The beer tent at the Grand in Vadalia was the best to drink. Don't know about the eats because I don't remeber eating after visiting the tent in Ohio. Nothing better!! You're at the Grand and beer, plus friends you've made from all over the country!!! Why in the hell would anybody leave to go eat? I didn't. Well the popcorn was grand, so maybe the food was great too.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sparta,, Ribeye sandwitch and peach ice cream, and the boys from Arizona always have a big jug of Scotch................Roger

·
Supporting Vendor
1,216 Posts
I sure wanna be at that pasty feed!!!!! I hope they don't disconnect them before serving. Naturally warmed to about 98.6 with ample servers. Oops, there I go again. With absolute respect to all pasties, regardless the gender of the host. This was a joke started by the missing letter in a previous post.

Food - best in the country is my favorite in Sunnyvale, California. No running water, no flush terlets, but the finest Eggs Benedict with a slight southwestern twang one has ever laid lips upon. I drive 450 miles one way every time there is a shoot and my fellow shooters still think it's for the competition. Hats off to Al Sepagan for the fantastic Hollandaise.

Mike Mann

·
Registered
353 Posts
Noontootla Farms Sporting Clays in Dial, GA does not have a restaurant in it's mountain course, but 7 miles away is the Dixie Depot in the town of Margaret, GA.

It is the only thing in Margaret besides a 10 unit storage shed. At the Dixie Depot you can have an excellent hamburger or great BBQ while reading the various signs that explain, in detail, their Dixie Heritage. The only network on their TV is FOX. You can select items of Dixie favor from their large inventory of many sizes of the Flag of the Confederacy. They also have the largest supply of Confederate Flag nighties, bras, bikinis, cooking aprons --- you name it.

The signage as you walk in alerts you to the political attitudes of your hamburger preparers. The hamburgers are VG -- so is the BBG. The political orientation is a bit right of center.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.