Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some input on best lens for night or low light, I was thinking clear but I figured someone on here would know the answer.

·
Registered
11,135 Posts
Most shooters prefer the clear, or the Yellow type lens. Try both and see which one you like the best. One tip would be make sure you have the anti-reflective coating on the them, to reduce the glare from the sides and behind you. I like clear in the dark the best, and the light Yellow in the twilight--dusk in the late evening just before nightfall. Good Luck to you and break em all. Jeff

·
5,388 Posts
Shooting at night, what color targets are being thrown, what does your background look like?

We throw orange, so yellows, reds, pinks, oranges help...

Jay

·
Administrator
8,663 Posts
With orange dome targets I used a lite target orange. For me I have found that is works best for me with where and when I do a lot of nite shooting which is in the winter for about 14 weeks of a league that we have here.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am currently have the same problem. pale yellow did not work well for me. I ordered the Ranger HD lite. Looks promising as i love the regular HD for medium light conditions

·
5,388 Posts
Chet... the HD Lite is what I actually use at nite. Never had success with pale yellow, but regular yellow and medium yellow are also in the kit bag...

Regards all
Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts