Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a new set of glasses and was just trying to see what everyone is using. I don't have pilla kind of money but I have like 100 dollars what is out there for that

·
Registered
910 Posts
I used these for several years while wearing contacts until going with prescription shooting glasses from Wayne Morgan. You can't shoot what you can't see.

Radians RSG-3LK Shotgunner Shooting Glasses - $57 on Amazon

·
Registered
103 Posts
Search Oakley's website for PRIZM lenses. I shoot the PRIZMs in several different frames and love them. Good quality and clarity maybe a bit over your budget of $100 but less than Pilla.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lately I have had good results with Wiley-X. Can be bought on amazon and can use a prescription insert.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I shoot with Randolphs, but the Radians and Wiley X shooting glasses with interchangeable lenses seem to be a good deal. I also have some friends that have multiple beretta glasses. All are easy to find at any Cabela's

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
I got my frames, 2 just alike, 10 years ago at a local Lenscrafter type store. They dyed the lens the colors I wanted. About $80 a set for prescription. Since I shoot tape on my left lens only, I just have gotten the right lens done when I have gotten a new prescription. Last lens cost $36.00 earlier this year.

You need to see but you don't need expensive frames to see well enough to post good scores.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have been using a set of lenses from CSMC ( Connecticut shotgun manufacturing corp.) for 6 plus years Comes with 13 different lense colors for about $115.00. Non prescription.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Shoot within your budget, buy a cheaper pair now & save up for a better set.

Personally, I've gone thru countless pairs in my almost 30yrs shooting but 2yrs ago I purchased a set of Randolph Ranger Edge with a variety of lenses including the CMT lenses...by far THE best money I've spent on any shooting accessory over the years! All others have since seen the trash can or donated to our organization.

Check for used ones on here or eBay also...can save you some $$!

Happy Shooting!
-Larry, Founder
www.ClaysForACure.org
Clays for a Cure | Facebook

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Keep using what you have and save up a little more money. Then buy a Randolph Rangers starter set that comes with a few sets of lenses. Don't spend your $100 on something you'll replace later. I did just that, and regretted it. Rangers are high quality and lots of lense options to expand your set later. I have now accumulated a bunch of lense color options. I do not see a need to ever replace my Rangers.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I still have the first Decot frame I bought 30+ years ago. It has been bent and twisted in all sorts of ways over the years but as with all the good shooting vision equipment, quality outlasts economy.

Ed

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I still have the first Decot frame I bought 30+ years ago. It has been bent and twisted in all sorts of ways over the years but as with all the good shooting vision equipment, quality outlasts economy.

Ed
Same here. I've bought others along the way but keep coming back to my original pair of Decots.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Good advise.

Pilla's are grossly overpriced. Don't get caught up on all of the marketing statements some of these companies make. There is NOTHING proprietary in what they do.

BTW, I can afford to shoot Pilla's, but would rather use my Decots which I've been using for over twenty years. They are a great value for the dollar...a quality product with great service.

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
6114, is an Rx required? If you don't need an Rx, and these are your first glasses, I'd go with something cheaper, especially if they came with several lens colors for you to try. After trying those glasses you'll be in a better position to determine just what it is you need....and what color(s).

The cheap shooting glasses are as safe as the expensive glasses.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts