Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
I spent some time in Germany in the mid to late seventies, mostly in small towns. In the local restaurants and pubs there was only a choice between two beers: pils and export they called it I believe. The brewery was the town brewery. There was no choice in brands. I never had a bad beer. Once near Munich, I bought some "doble boch: (sp) and some bread for a snack before dinner. Two bottles of that and I couldn't find the door to my hotel room....from the inside.

When I returned it took a long time to be able to enjoy an American beer. Domestic beers just tasted like tap water; except Bud. It tasted like dish water.

HBT

·
Registered
61 Posts
A 90 degree Old Milwaukee I forgot was burried in my ALICE pack after a week in the field drinking nothing but warm lister bag water!

Terry

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
At Bush Gardens..the beer right from the plant was really good.. BUT.. in Italy.. a friends son it making his own in the wine cellar.. Nothing else even comes close..

·
Registered
327 Posts
So many beers in Belgium, Germany, Holland & US that are excellent.

But why not Yeuling Lager - America's Oldest Brewery! It used to only be available in Pennsylvania and I used to always order it when I was in Pa. Now it's available almost everywhere and while I get beer from all over the world, I always have a couple cases of Yeuling Lager Cold!

Shoot well and often,
Tom

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
San Miguel was excellent. I remember as my best beer as my first Coors in an ice cold can on a very hot day in Houston, TX about 1977 or so.

While in Germany, their beer was great. I cannot say the same for the English beer.

As for now, good old Budweiser from a bottle is my favorite.

Ed Ward

·
Registered
463 Posts
I like Hoegaarden, Blue Moon and St. Pauli Girl!

If I'm in the mood for something real heavy I like Black Butte Porter from Oregon's Deschutes Brewery. Shades of chocolate and really filling.

Jennifer

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
best beer i ever had was coor's out of the tap at 40 degrees while in the army on a 100 degree day. worst beer i ever had was mickeys in the green wide mouth bottle. first beer i ever had was in highschool, gettlemans 89cents a 6 pack of bottles. 2nd beer was a beer called 9:05.
steve

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
A warm PBR dropped to me out of a Huey in an empty sandbag. We was in the middle of Indian County. I opened it with a bayonet. Tasted wonderful. gyrine

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.