Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this gun and find it extremely noisy(clanks) when firing...also it has to be the most prone firearm to powder residue internally that I have owned....any suggestions appreciated...
Thank you,

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes, I've heard the "clack" too, and it seemed to be from a loose forend cap and/or the forend not being seated properly, so the forend cap was not fully seated. At least that was my cause.

Yes, the residue is a trade off with the gas system. It creates more residue, but softens any recoil dramatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
937 Posts
My suggestion, sell it! I had one and did not care for it. In addition, make sure you remove the magazine cap on a regular basis. I loaned mine to a friend for about six months and when I got it back the cap had seized and I had to cut it off.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Great Gun, keep it and shoot it. Wipe off the buildup every 300 shells or so.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
make sure to keep it lubricated with a light coating of oil all over the inside. You cannot run this dry like the book says. They are great guns and work forever. Make sure to lube the freend nut often and keep it tight

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Had 4 of them and loved'em, but alas, love is finicky and a couple of Perazzi's got me. As mentioned, 4 end cap needs to be tight but not so tight as you crack the forearm. Lube with safari charlie and do a complete cleaning ever 2-3 flats. IMHO. best auto ever.

·
Banned
890 Posts
My Urica II works flawlessly. I clean it after every outing. That may make the difference.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I love my Berretta Autos. I use them for sporting, 5 stand, and wobble. Pretty much flawless. Yes a bit tougher to clean than a Remmy but I feel a better gun. Go longer between cleanings. I believe that noise you are hearing is the main spring. Nothing to worry about.

I don't shoot trap with mine but that because I use a BT-99 and a Citori Trap. Not into using a shell catcher.

I would keep it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You might try synthetic oil on working parts of your 391 We were having trouble when it got cold goose hunting guns gumming up Synthetic oil doesn't seem to pick up powder residue the way oil does Give the 391 a chance they are great guns

1 - 9 of 9 Posts