Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So these firearms have been out there for a while. Does anyone have any experience good or bad with these for shooting Trap? Especially with shooting doubles? I'm curious as I may have to look to something different if I want to shoot doubles in the future. Thanks, Dave Penkala.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think they are cool guns but the only negative I've heard is about the number of moving parts and the possibility of breakage after prolonged shooting. That being said I'd like to have one! Especially if there was a way to have it catch my shells. Definitely a cool gun

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I thought I saw a thread somewhere where there was a gentleman making a device to catch the empties out of the bottom. If I can find it I will try to provide a link. I also thought someone was making some sort of recoil reducer with Beretta parts for these as well.

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
They are a cool gun. A real attention getter at any club. My buddy had one and loved attention for a while. Do not break down this gun yourself. You will not be able to put it back together. Nor will local gunsmith around you. They are very nice to shoot trap in all 3 games. There is no shell catcher made for these guns that I know of. As said above someone was working on making a bag to catch the empties. I'm sure that would be a PITA after 20 or so rounds picking up and mounting the gun with all that extra weight sloshing around under the gun. Use economy loads and don't worry about the empties. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Great gun. Put about 20k rounds through mine before picking up something with a higher rib.

I broke down the gun as far as you can and its not bad. I made a post with pictures over on SW to help others.

People like to say there was tons of extra moving parts but in reality it wasn't an issue. Pretty simple gun.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doubles ??? You have a DB81 with a Pro-Soft !!
I know but I'm only allowed to lift ten pounds. I'm pretty sure the DB81 with ProSoft puts me over ten. Especially with the weight hanging out. I think they count the ten pounds close to the vest. Plus I was thinking maybe my bride could shoot it someday. How much does a UGB25 weigh?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Great Gun. Have not had a single malfunction with mine at either trap doubles or sporting clays. Recommend it highly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those that shoot a UGB25, do you have some sort of shell catcher that you use? I haven't been able to find any kind of shell catcher for them.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
For those that shoot a UGB25, do you have some sort of shell catcher that you use? I haven't been able to find any kind of shell catcher for them.
In all my UGB digging while I was shooting mine I didn't ever run across a catcher. But, that's only an issue for reloading. I found it nice that it ejected down and in front of me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like I bought a Trap Model. I'll see what I can do about a shell catcher. Any suggestions would be helpful. Like how many should it hold? Maybe two, empty after each doubles shot?

·
Registered
420 Posts
FWIW... I have the U 25 in SPORTING model & have no problems after 2.5 - 3 K rounds. Odd reaction to U 25 by most (NON) owners... they hate the sight of the gun. Xenophobes???
Keep on shooting... the bitch will be demanding confiscation by April 16, '17!!!
///olde pharte///

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
They've ALREADY paid, for the most part. Most of those who might revolt are filing for a refund.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts