Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a very unique gun. A hybrid O/U & Semi Auto with amazingly low recoil, even when shooting 1-1/8oz loads. I remember a vendor allowing me to shoot several rounds of skeet and Trap using a modified choke. After shooting I tried to wrap my head around on what were the pros and cons and based on my limited experience shooting this gun I felt the reduced recoil was the biggest plus. The guns biggest con was size and weight and to a lesser extent practicality. For those of you who purchased this gun how did it work out from a performance, reliability and beretta customer service perspective? Thanks.

·
Registered
31,664 Posts
I have had mine for a couple years, it’s okay. I use it for doubles only. Beretta is not servicing this gun as I understand it. It is “discontinued.” Parts are available through MidWest Gun Parts. You will have to find a competent gunsmith to make any repairs or modifications you cannot fix by swapping parts.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
The statement in post #3 is correct. They are "interesting" & soft shooting guns ,but if it goes kaputt ,you will not find very many gunsmith's who can fix it . I see one every so often at a local gunrange , he got it for way less then 1k and so for it is holding up . Just say NO !!

·
Registered
31,664 Posts
Not sure what “unreliable” means in post 3 but they do not like anything less than a factory load of 2-3/4 dram, 1-1/8 oz shot to function. International trap loads will work, but no soft shooting 1oz or 7/8 oz. Gun will jam, it’s because that what is is made to shoot, heavy bunker loads.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Was in a shoot off at the Grand many years ago based on last digit of your cap score, the prize was one of these, I didn’t even show up to shoot for it.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
They will attract lots and lots of by-standers to gawk at your new shotgun. If you want to break it just take it apart. You'll have to watch a u-tube just to put it back together again.
Next there is a reason Beretta no longer makes this shotgun.
If that's not enough, you can't get parts from Beretta, nor can you find a gunsmith who can work on one.
Resale value is in the toilet because of the upper two lines. break em all Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts