Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all Berettas use the same length stock bolt? OR do they use a combination of longer/shorter bolts and spacers?

Secondly, any recommendations for removing the thick, "DuPont RKW-like" urethane finish from a Beretta stock and forend? I'm trying to avoid the heavy sanding that might otherwise be involved. Anyone try this stuff from Brownells?

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=4984&title=CERTISTRIP

I'd like to get to a point where I could apply and have a satin oil finish.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I dont know if it will help much, since I am not by any means a woodworker, or a pro at doing stocks. But, I had a stock a few years back, that I just took to a "stripper", who stripped the finish right down to bare wood. They dunked the whole stock into a chemical tank, and when I got it back, all I had to do was sand a couple deep gouges, and it was ready for finishing. Was easy. Just had to make sure I protected the checkering, since the wetness might have ruined it. Steve

·
Registered
124 Posts
No I didnt. Not that kind of stripper. Should have expected a comment like that though. I suppose I asked for it. Yup, the one I went to is in Haverhill, MA. I think the name is Pentucket Stripper. Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.