Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the chambers and bores of the the new SP Is chrome lined?

I'm thinking of buying one for and all purpose trap/skeet/5 stand/upland game gun. The 30" Sporting model is getting most of my attention at this point but
I am open to suggestions.

Also, where is the best place to get a longer recoil pad, no fit hopefully.

Thanks in advance, Lee

·
Registered
13,588 Posts
"Are the chambers and bores of the the new SP Is chrome lined?"

They most likely are, but its not as big of a benefit as you think it is, unless you neglect your guns.

"The 30" Sporting model is getting most of my attention at this point but I am open to suggestions."

Go with the 32" if you can find one and handle it. The current gen beretta over/unders are LIGHT (compared to their peers), so there's no real reason to get shorter barrels.

"Also, where is the best place to get a longer recoil pad, no fit hopefully."

Unless you are a monster, this probably won't be an issue. Berettas typically come long stocked from the factory (compared to their peers). Grind to fit will be your best bet for a new pad if you do actually need a longer LOP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 6'2" and crawl the stock a bit. Just playing with the gun in the store my nose is close to my thumb.

I like the way the barrels of my Benelli doesn't seem to hold any plastic and is
super easy to clean. No chance of corrosion is a major plus for a gun that may be hunted with in my opinion.

Thanks, Lee

·
Vendor
4,922 Posts
I have new Beretta Sport SP-1s here in 30" or 32". LOP should be 14 1/2". If you need a longer LOP I can have Keith Heeg here change and fit a new recoil pad for what ever LOP you need. I'd have this done before I shipped the gun to your FFL.
Mike Battista
727 410 5212

·
Registered
494 Posts
I purchased a new one in March for the same reason. Paid $1850 from Joel Etchen. The chambers and complete inside of the barrel is chromed. Have Etchens add the adjustable comb. They only charge $175 if you buy it from them. My friend had one done and the job is excellent. I went to Mark Deprez and he charged me $335 plus tax. (A learned lesson there!). I added weight to the stock and have a set of Sminglers barrel weights. Its about 8 3/4 lbs. Surprisingly these guns have very nice triggers.I had Matt from Etchens email me some pics because they had several. Good luck with your purchase. Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts