Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
They are fantastic functional works of art BUT 1. Very light, 2. Very expensive to repair, 3. Very hard to find parts for, and 4.Usually come with 28” barrels (sometimes you can find them with double triggers too!) I would use one as a Sunday quail gun, but not as a regular shooter.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Carlson Sporting Arms has an SO5 with a Tom Smith stock $12,500. 32 inch barrels Factory screw chokes with set of Briley Titanium chokes and adjustable comb. Isis recoil reduction system. See the pictures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How likely is it to find SO3 with kg 1.6+ bbl weight, 29"? - Thanks -
I had a SO3EELL made in 1962 with 28" and 30" barrels. The 28" barrels were 1.490 kg and the 30" ones were 1.475 kg and the gun weighed exactly 8lb with either set of barrels. An incredibly well made gun that had seen only light use over the years. I used it sparingly at the trap range and didn't want to take the chance of a break down. I eventually sold it for $10,000 but it was not an easy sell. Heavy duty competitive shooters want guns of recent manufacture. Therefore, not easy to find the shooter who loves fine guns and takes a relaxed view of his clay target shooting.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Have owed several S series Beretta's, S2, SO4, SO5 with 28" and 30" barrels. All weighed a bit less than 8#'s. I've sold all but the S2 and replaced the others with a K80 Gold Super Scroll, CAT 005 wood and 32" Parcours barrels. Weighing 8#'s, it's a lively gun for Sporting and with sub-gauge tubes is great for Sporting and Skeet.This K80 has swing dynamics better than the SO4 and SO5 with an action superior to most anything else used for high volume shooting.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts