Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a beretta S686 "special" that a friend of mine wants to sell. I can't seem to find a value anywhere as to what they sell for. It seems like the blue book says 900.00 ish at 100% but I know the blue book isn't always rite when it comes to sale value. It is a beretta s686 with 28" beretta/benelli choke threads. Blueing seems to be about 90% and a few handling marks on the stock. The original butt pad is there but rough around the edges. Other than that the gun seems to be in great shape and the open lever is about 1/16" off right center. What do you guys think this gun is worth?

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Is it a field grade or a sporting? Does it have a 1/4" or a wide rib. Gloss finish and polished blue or matt blue and oil finish. Makes quite a bit of difference. A nice field gun $800-1000. A nice sporting will bring $1000-1400, the 28" bbl is the only downside. Wonderful guns. Bill

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill it has a thin rib, gloss blued metal, and a grip stock."not the strait English style". My guess is it's a sporting but it doesn't say that on the barrel

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
when its opened and closed does it re-set safety? if it does I would say with the thin rib I might be a field model.. Sporting, trap, skeet models will not re-set the safety. the buttstock recoil pad will be the longer 5&3/8".. were field models are only 5".

but either way Beretta's even in todays world of cheap o/u they still command good higher prices because they are still GREAT guns...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Pictures including the barrel stamps, the damage you mentioned, etc would be helpful for us. Also, does he have original box or case & paperwork that came with it?...this adds to the value also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts