Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy wanting to do some swapping he's got a Beretta 687 Silver Pegion IV,with that said what's involved to maybe put a 34" single on it?Already own a Browning Superposed 4 barrel Skeet set and a Browning 425 with 32" barrel thinking it would make a good dedicated entry level gun to get my feet wet?After looking around online seen a high rib single but was curios what you guys might say being more familiar with these set ups thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Any 68x barrel will fit on the 687. Some minor fitting may be necessary.

Unless the stock has an adjustable comb there may be problems with getting the gun to shoot were you want it to. The 687 Silver Pigeon IV I believe is a field gun or maybe a Sporting Clays model. The comb of the stock may be to low for a single trap barrel.

Of course if you are willing to spend $1500 new or $900 used for a Precision Fit Stock, you will have the ultimate trap gun for Singles and Handicap. JMHO of course.

Jason

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason that's what I was looking for searched the website with not a lot of luck appreciate the reply

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
You might be able to find an older flat rib barrel, which will likely work with your stock. Many of them were a fixed choke era barrel.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You've been given great advice so far.

One more thought...depending upon what you are swapping for the 687, you may be better off from a cost-to-value perspective buying a used 68x trap gun. Many can usually be found here. I bought a 687 SPII combo here a couple of years ago and just sold a 686 SPI top single a few months ago. A good used 686/687 single should run you $1k to $1.5k IMO. A used barrel will likely run you $500 to a $1k. Maybe more. and that is before any possible fitting to the receiver or the need for a PFS.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Reactions: tat2clod

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I have a beretta unsingle barrel that is 34 inch in length with a fixed full choke that was installed on a Silver Pigeon I Sporting and the first time it was shot, the shooter had 24 out of 25 and the barrel functioned flawlessly. I do not know for sure if the 687 Silver pigeon and the 686 Silver pigeon have the same specs, but if they do this barrel would make for an awesome combo. PM me if you have questions. JM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts