Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beretta model designations have always confused me. Did (does) Beretta make a 686 Onyx trap model with 32" barrels? If so where does that model fit in the Beretta line? What is one worth at about 95-98%? Thank you.

AJ

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
The Onyx was one of the lower frill grades. The guns are mechanically as good as the more expensive models but they lack the more expensive finishing touches. I don't know if there was a Trap model but there certainly could be. The 32" barrels would be appropriate for a trap gun assuming they are original to the gun. I would think $1100 would be the top end price for such a gun.

·
Registered
955 Posts
686 Onyx trap model with 32" barrels?

Yup. A 686 Onyx Pro. Think it may be a Cabela's exclusive as that is the only place I've found them listed.

Blued receiver, P. Beretta scroll with what looks like optima barrels, A sharp looking 680-something.

Hit the link above. If that doesn't work just go to Cabelas gun room and search for 686 Onyx.

Value used?. If that is indeed the gun, somewhere south of a comparable 682 Gold E since it is lacking adj. comb/adj. trigger.

Condition is everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts