Trapshooters Forum banner

Beretta Multi-Target Current opinions?

3K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  blackandgold 
#1 ·
Iam thinking of adding a Beretta multi target to my collection and wanted input from those who own and shoot them on a regular basis. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I do not have the Multitarget but the field versions of the A400 have been nearly bulletproof for me. 1 jam per 5,000 (ish) or less. I shoot about 6,000 shells per gun so not a lot of volume.

Trigger isn't great. Goes bang everytime but if you are used to a top flight trigger you may be disappointed.

Maintenance is easy compared to an 1100 or A300 but surely more involved than a break action. The cocking handle broke. That was the only parts breakage.

I like it a lot better than the 1187 my uncle had and better than my Fabarm XLR5 LR I have.

#4 ·
a lil whippy , if you are use to a heavy gun

#7 ·
Love it. Have the longer barrel and its amazingly balanced and smooth on the trap field. Actually choose it over my CG summit as its so soft shooting. Skip the recoil assembly for just a pad and the ability to adjust the stock for pitch and length as needed.

Personally, I prefer my field A400 for sporting and skeet.

#26 · (Edited)
Well, I just picked up my multitarget. Maybe My expectations were too high but I’m pretty disappointed. The case looks like it was shipped through Bosnia. The medium choke tube is dented/chipped and the manual and warranty booklet are missing. It appears this was on display and someone just threw it in a case haphazardly and took it to UPS. Pretty disappointing. I just noticed that the crown of the barrel has a ding in it. It’s obviously been dropped or otherwise handled improperly on the end of the barrel. I’ll check back once I shoot it.

Does anyone else have issue with their rib “rattling”?

#25 ·
Bought my Multi Target about 2- 21/2 years ago, shoot it almost every weekend over some of the other guns I have. It has nice wood , lite recoil, fits me well. Gun has 32" barrels and no kickoff , adjustable rib & comb. Only issue I had was lost rear screw for rib, Beretta sent me a replacement, installed with blue lock tite. Easy to clean. I shoot mostly 3)4 oz loads and they never fail to eject. That's why I like mine. Have a 391 Teknys also , the multi target not so finicky if it gets a little dirty like the 391. Also added some Briley ginger bread so it looks neat also.
I have no problem with the trigger that came with it, I pull it, it goes bang...

#28 ·
I had an 1100. Couldnt give it away fast enough..... Really like the 400. On doubles you must have a defector-must. Really soft. Really light. I have had NO problems. As for the trigger- never noticed anything other than it goes bang when I pull the trigger. Im not good enough to notice weather trigger is crisp, soft, hard or whatever.??

#30 ·
Does anyone else have issue with their rib “rattling”?
One of the kids that my son shoots with had a Multitarget with a rib that was rattling. It eventually stopped but only when the rib twisted to the the right and they couldn't fix it. They sent it back to Beretta to fix, got it back with similar issue and got rid of it.

A400's are awesome guns though, We have 3; 2 Xcel's and an Xplor between my wife, son, and myself

#34 ·
Have had my multi target for about 6 months, seems to work very well as the 390, and 391 that I had previously. I am mostly skeet shooter but got it to shoot some trap and sporting. Been trying it for skeet doubles also, I added some weight to the forend, still lighter than the K80 that I normally shoot.

#35 ·
Have an A400 Multitarget without a kickoff. Didn’t see a need for the kickoff because of the low recoil. Switched to it from my break open when I hurt my shoulder, because of the light weight. A great shooting gun. Bought a release trigger from Coles. The release is adjustable and can be set to release very quickly. The gun has a dropout trigger so very easy to switch between the pull and release triggers. My main complaint is there are a bunch of little screws and bolts that need lock tight as they tend to come loose and disappear. Also, the shim between the receiver and stock has to be installed properly or you get a cracked stock. For the money, a great gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.