Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
John Deere-Caesar G.-Beretta
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam thinking of adding a Beretta multi target to my collection and wanted input from those who own and shoot them on a regular basis. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
I do not have the Multitarget but the field versions of the A400 have been nearly bulletproof for me. 1 jam per 5,000 (ish) or less. I shoot about 6,000 shells per gun so not a lot of volume.

Trigger isn't great. Goes bang everytime but if you are used to a top flight trigger you may be disappointed.

Maintenance is easy compared to an 1100 or A300 but surely more involved than a break action. The cocking handle broke. That was the only parts breakage.

I like it a lot better than the 1187 my uncle had and better than my Fabarm XLR5 LR I have.

·
Vendor
7,420 Posts
a lil whippy , if you are use to a heavy gun

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,245 Posts
Iam thinking of adding a Beretta multi target to my collection and wanted input from those who own and shoot them on a regular basis. Thanks in advance.
I shoot one for sporting. Points well. Swings well. Trigger could be better. Send it to Cole’s if
You get one and it’s your primary. Good enough for a backup and spotting for me.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Great, well built gun. If you get one, I hope you are a very good shot. Carrying one is like driving up in a Ferrari. Everyone expects straights.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Love it. Have the longer barrel and its amazingly balanced and smooth on the trap field. Actually choose it over my CG summit as its so soft shooting. Skip the recoil assembly for just a pad and the ability to adjust the stock for pitch and length as needed.

Personally, I prefer my field A400 for sporting and skeet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bought one for my wife, she loves it.
I can shoot it really well except hard rights or lefts but that is because it's so light and I'm used to my heavy O/U.
Have had no issues at all with about 5000 rounds so far.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I like mine and I've had it a few years now.

Zero issues, and the trigger on mine is fine.

I have seen some 400 models with triggers that were not as good.

When I say "good", I mean a crisp trigger at about 3 1/2 lbs.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
I like mine and I've had it a few years now.

Zero issues, and the trigger on mine is fine.

I have seen some 400 models with triggers that were not as good.

When I say "good", I mean a crisp trigger at about 3 1/2 lbs.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!
Mine are also 3.5lbs set by Cole's. Still like my Parcours trigger better. But that is not necessarily a realistic comparison.

I am glad your triggers are good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
One of friends had and shot one for a couple years. As many discussed above, zero issues, but the trigger was no bueno. He sent it Coles with helped. He sold it because he went back to a low rib.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts