Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beretta Memory System II

7K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Bullcreek 
#1 ·
I was hoping you guys might be able to give me some guidance. I purchased my 11 year old son a new 3901 Target RL for Christmas. He is going to be shooting trap with this gun. The gun seems to shoot pretty flat so I would like to raise the comb a little.

I have looked through the manual that came with the gun but nothing I can find explains how to adjust the comb. It has three small holes on the side of the comb. I assume this is where it is loosened to make adjustments. However it appears the holes are filled with finish and sawdust. Are there small allen screws under the finish and sawdust? I hate to start digging around inside the holes and screw it up.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
+1 on what short shucker said - do not try to take the allen head set screws out through those holes. The holes are strictly used to access the scews to adjust the comb not to remove it!

You need to remove the comb to set the cast. To do this you loosen the front and back allen screws a turn or two - just enough to allow you to lift out the comb. You should see the right and left adjustment once you lift out the comb.

to set height - IIRC you loosen all three screws, push the comb down as far as it will go an tighten the center screw. This gets the memory for height out of the way. Adjust the comb for height by loosening the front and rear screws, adjust the height and tighten the front / rear screws. Once you have it where you want it, loosen the center screw to release the memory system. Then tighten the center screw to set the memory tab. You will not have to mess with the center screw again, even to lift out the comb, unless you want to change height. If you do take out the comb (to set cast for example), the center screw sets a tab on the hardware that acts like a stop - so when you put the comb back in - push it down until it hits the stop and then tighten the front and back screws.

Add: there is a lot of plastic in the thing, you don't want to crank on the little allen screws.

john

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.