Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a Beretta Xplor Unico 12Ga, 26" barrel, to be primarily used for hunting upland birds (not ducks/geese) and the occasional clays course (I've got a Browning Citori 725 that is dedicated to clays shooting). Given my intended use, is it worth spending the extra money on the KO system, or is that system really not useful until you start shooting the heavy 3.5" loads?

Thanks for the advice.

John

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Recoil is your enemy. You will always shoot better with less recoil. Also, never shoot more shell than you need to get the job done.

You will need to decide, but I would buy it.

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
It's junk........I just removed another broken one from a customer's gun.....I have replaced many of them with my Auto-Buster, and have many satisfied customers.

Ken Rucker

·
Sky Buster
4,038 Posts
I have the KO in my Excel 400 target. I don't think it even moves
when shooting target loads. It may be helpful with heavy field loads.
I pulled mine and it is plastic and non-adjustable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't speak to the durability of the system, but I shot quite a few heavy loads on the sporting clays course with one and the felt recoil was very mild.
However, IMHO, I wouldn't select this gun for upland - I would look to a lighter Benelli. I suspect few of us are fortunate enough to shoot enough upland game where the recoil would be much of an issue.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the Beretta Explor with the KO system and love it. I shoot sporting clays, five stand and ev
erything from doves to geese with it and have never had a problem. I shoot ducks twice a week and use 3 inch and 3.5 and there is no difference in recoil. I like it so well I bought the 20 gauge just for fun.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Have an xcel 30" sporting with the KO - have put about 2600 rounds thru it since April (mostly sporting with a little trap and skeet), and have not had any failure with the KO - didn't like it much at first due to the springy feeling, but i got used to it ---does help a decent bit when running 1250fps and faster shells (1 1/8oz)

I've shot one equipped with an Isis system; now that was sweet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts