Trapshooters Forum banner

beretta kick off?

1127 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  pettifogger1
i just took one apart, what do the two little cylinders in side it do ? i can see the 3 springs doing something to knock the recoil down, but the cylinders seem very weak
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,074 Posts
i just took one apart, what do the two little cylinders in side it do ? i can see the 3 springs doing something to knock the recoil down, but the cylinders seem very weak
They're small hydraulic cylinders. They work just like the hydraulic shocks on a car or truck. While the springs do most of the work in absorbing the recoil, the hydraulic cylinders smooth things out.

I've got two A400 guns and both have the Kick-off option on them. They really help on a long day at the trap range.

· Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are very e-zly pushed down, can they be( worn out ) shot? i can push them down with my pinky, so i cant see them doing anything. i have shot guns with the kick off ,and they worked nicely

· Registered
1,360 Posts
The springs don't really do all that much. The hydraulic cylinders do most of the work. Hydraulic cylinders can be set so that they have little resistance when pushed or pulled slowly but do a lot of work when speed is applied to the cylinders. Those two little hydraulic cylinders are precision pieces of equipment. There is no way you can move the cylinders with your hands as fast as they are moved by recoil.

· Registered
1,074 Posts
hmmmmm ,how do they come out?
I had mine off yesterday. The two cylinders are part of an assembly that includes the springs. I don't think it can be dis-assembled.
I bought this gun from Cole Gunsmithing. Call them and they should be able to answer any question you may have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.