Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

This isn’t really a Gunsmithing question, but I wasn’t sure where to post this so I thought I’d try here.

I have a Beretta391 Urika Trap that is Mobil choked. As a result it does not have a hole in the stock to accept the inertia recoil reducer.

With that being said, is it acceptable to install this in the magazine tube? If so, should the small end of the reducer go to the front or the back?

Additionally, how should this be installed? I am not really much of a smithing expert so any detail would be really helpful to me.

Thanks,
Chase

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Chase, I would only mount the recoil reducer in the place it was meant to go. With that being said, jumping from the back of the gun to the front is two completely different matters as each will give the gun a completely different feel. You should decide how you want the gun to balance/feel and then do accordingly. Good shooting, Rey

·
Vendor
7,113 Posts
the washer weight inside ,which is spring loaded needs to be solid to work
id fill your stock cavity with lead as a better than nothing reducer

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
If you want to install that unit in your stock, see if you can bore a hole below the stock bolt hole. Then toenail a screw to keep it from moving. Never jam anything in the bolt hole, how will you be able to take your gun apart or tighten your stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts