Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The 682 (silver receiver from the 1980s) are bombproof and cheap in the used gun market. The later 682s narrowed the receiver minimally to gain "feel"....the 682-E more so, the chokes changed over the years as a way of having people buy new chokes..Mobil Choke to Optima to Optima Plus to Optima HP to the new ones in the upcoming Beretta 692 which is placed between the SV10 and the DT 11.....

The SV10 is crap compared to the old 682s......the 682s are proven...the 692 remains to be proven....

If I were you, I would look for either a 682 Gold (Mobil Chokes) or a 682E (Optima chokes but reptilian checkering) and skip the SV10.

Google Beretta 692 and read about the new one if you must have the latest, but not necessarily the best....

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Most Sporting clay shooters prefer a flat shooting gun so a O/U with the flat rib would seem best. My 682's shoot a little hi for sporting they have a step rib and the optima barrel gun has the trap rib also high shooting.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Why O/U?

I shoot a AL391 Optima and LOVE it. Hardly any felt recoil so I can shoot a couple hundred rounds and not get punchy. Cycles the lightest load you may shoot at sporting targets up to the heaviest loads.

Gets dirty and keeps on shooting.

also... its less a expensive gun if money may be an issue.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have a DT10L , 682 Gold E , and a SV10 Prevail III.
For the money and the SV10 wins. Nice shooting gun. Low recoil and great balance.

·
Registered
916 Posts
K,

What's different on the SV10; I haven't seen one

I shot sporting with you, Doc and a few others at HH

Have to do that again !

regards

·
Registered
181 Posts
I shoot a 12 gauge Beretta A-400 (semi-auto) on both skeet and sporting clays. It has the built-in recoil reducer (KO). I now like it better than my Citori...

god40

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Under the pretext of "new and improved" which really means "cheapened/cost cutting" many unnecessary gizmos were put into the Beretta line to justify higher prices....there are many articles describing the "improvements"...but, remember, it happened to the ASE 90, the 303 and the 682.....

Newer is not necessarily "better"....remember, there is a tall skinny guy shooting a 391 with Mobil Chokes who is kicking serious posterior all over the world.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bangalore, I'm guessing you're talking about Anthony Matarase. Both he and Scott Robertson are still competeing with the "old" 391's. I'm under the impression that they are both paid spokesmen for Beretta. I wonder if that creates a problem with Beretta, as the company is trying to sell the new 400.
On another note I share your scepticism about the 682 replacement. If it isn't broke why fix it. I like my 682 today as much as I did the day I bought it ten years ago, I can't say that about many of the firearms I've bought.
Kenny Bruggeman

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
I'm withholding judgement on the new Beretta,..but the fact that the current and past 680 series barrels wont be interchangeable options definantly put a big kabosh on it for me

·
Registered
7 Posts
For 2013, Anthony Matarese jr will be shooting a DT-11.

He will be shooting what you call "bunker" to keep his interest up in shooting, and Jim Greenwood is building him a custom stock right now.

At this stage, Ant. says he will also use this gun for sporting too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.