Trapshooters Forum banner

Beretta Ejector Issue

1640 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  bill1064
Just bought a nice used 682. When I assemble the gun and open the breech like to load a shell, both ejectors are extended out of the barrels where they are supposed to be. When I put in a snap cap or two snap caps, close the breech and pull the trigger once or twice (it has been changed to mechanical trigger), when I open the breech, the ejectors don't pop up and the snap caps are not ejected....they just sit in the ejector well. I can remove with my fingers, but clearly not ejecting.

I took both ejectors out and cleaned them as well as the spring hole and reinstalled. Nothing seemed wrong with the ejectors or the spring - the spring is really hard to install so it isn't weak.

Any ideas? I've read many previous posts, but nothing this similar. Is this a timing issue of some sort that will require a gunsmith to work on?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
833 Posts
Just bought a nice used 682. When I assemble the gun and open the breech like to load a shell, both ejectors are extended out of the barrels where they are supposed to be. When I put in a snap cap or two snap caps, close the breech and pull the trigger once or twice (it has been changed to mechanical trigger), when I open the breech, the ejectors don't pop up and the snap caps are not ejected....they just sit in the ejector well. I can remove with my fingers, but clearly not ejecting.

I took both ejectors out and cleaned them as well as the spring hole and reinstalled. Nothing seemed wrong with the ejectors or the spring - the spring is really hard to install so it isn't weak.

Any ideas? I've read many previous posts, but nothing this similar. Is this a timing issue of some sort that will require a gunsmith to work on?
It sure sounds like your ejectors are never tripping, the hooks stay engaged with the sears which also actuate the cocking rods. If you open the gun after firing, then close it without removing the empties and then re-open without firing what happens?

You might want to have a look here. Mine were ejecting too early but this shows both issues. Beretta ejector timing - success!

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I open the gun and the ejectors are out. I put in snap caps and fire both times. I open the gun and the ejectors are still down with snap caps sitting down in ejectors. I close it without removing the empties and then re-open without firing and the ejectors are back out without ejecting.

I will take a look at your thread now.

· Registered
833 Posts
I open the gun and the ejectors are out. I put in snap caps and fire both times. I open the gun and the ejectors are still down with snap caps sitting down in ejectors. I close it without removing the empties and then re-open without firing and the ejectors are back out without ejecting.

I will take a look at your thread now.
Yes, needs timed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.