Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,563 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Yes, they are still in production. I have owned one for over 8 years. It is a great gun and they are built like a tank The only issue I had was a broken sear spring. It is a two minute fix if you have the part. I bought six and have never needed them. I have approx 40K rounds through it and it is still tight. Regular cleaning and lube, never serviced.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
4 Posts
I’m looking to get DT11 Xtrap. I looked at two different ones. One pre-owned and one that is supposed to be new. The old one had a barrel selector on the safety switch (although could not switch it off of bottom barrel). The new one had no barrel selector. Am I missing something? Can anyone explain?

My current shotgun is SP1 686 Sporting. Getting my first true Trap gun.

Thank you!!!

· Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I had a DT-11 combo and didn't like it. I sold it and bought a Kolar combo. It was 5 grand more but well worth it to me. The Beretta was very tight (not in a good way) and a chore to open and close. I think Kolar takes the time for a craftsman to get his sandpaper and fine tune the gun until its smooth as silk. It is every bit as strong as a Beretta without the hassles.

· Registered
2,539 Posts
I’m looking to get DT11 Xtrap. I looked at two different ones. One pre-owned and one that is supposed to be new. The old one had a barrel selector on the safety switch (although could not switch it off of bottom barrel). The new one had no barrel selector. Am I missing something? Can anyone explain?

My current shotgun is SP1 686 Sporting. Getting my first true Trap gun.

Thank you!!!
I have the Trap combo, and mine is 7 years old now. My selector switch is on the safety switch and can be moved any time. I have heard of some that have a small set screw to keep the selector from moving but I have never seen one. Call Cole's in Maine, if its an issue, they will be able to help you.

· Registered
4 Posts
I have the Trap combo, and mine is 7 years old now. My selector switch is on the safety switch and can be moved any time. I have heard of some that have a small set screw to keep the selector from moving but I have never seen one. Call Cole's in Maine, if its an issue, they will be able to help you.
Just talked to Cole's and they told me that lack of barrel selector is due to it being Double Release trigger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.