Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DT-11 that was made in 2020 and I can't get the barrel selector to move, so basically it always fires the bottom barrel first. I talked to Cole's and the said to bring it in, but I won't be in Florida until late October. Just wondering if anyone here has a suggestion? Thank you

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Haven't had any problem with my selector. I remember you had some problem with your trigger, if you have another trigger, try a swap, cocked and uncocked, and maybe a drop of oil on the switch. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. Were you able to change selector after trigger was fixed?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was at Cole's in May and Rich fitted a new pulll/pull trigger to the shotgun. Since I sold the release/release trigger, it is the only one I have. Sure wish I tried the barrel selector before I came home to Albuquerque. I really always fire the bottom barrel first so it's not impacting my shooting, just something I'd like to get fixed. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Mine has a very small screw in the switch to keep it from moving the barrel select, mines a unsingle combo, most Beretta combo's have this screw,,, also the block in the receiver is milled off a bit for a Phillips release trigger,,,, Ive never tried to remove this tiny screw....Steve

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine has a very small screw in the switch to keep it from moving the barrel select, mines a unsingle combo, most Beretta combo's have this screw,,, also the block in the receiver is milled off a bit for a Phillips release trigger,,,, Ive never tried to remove this tiny screw....Steve
Mine is an unsingle combo also. Do you think backing that screw out might fix my issue?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Just remove the stupid screw,I did years ago with my DT-11 and no issues because of it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mine is an unsingle combo also. Do you think backing that screw out might fix my issue?
Hey Joe, would you be able to post a picture of the screw you are referring to so we can guarantee we’re all on the same page. I’d be interested to see exactly what’s going on so I can learn if mine starts to have that problem what might fix it.
Thx

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yes, its a very small screw but it holds the barrel selector in place so it can't be moved, if you remove it you had better make sure when the unsingle is being used the switch is on the bottom barrel, my DT-10 is the same as most Beretta O/U unsingle guns,,,, I really don't understand why you'd want the top barrel to fire first anyway, shoot the unsingle and the O/U for doubles, but do what you like,,,,,,That screw needs a very small gunsmith screwdriver to remove and is very tight, easy to mess it up....Steve,,,, this screw also keeps you from moving the selector while shooting, opening the top lever can move the switch

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, its a very small screw but it holds the barrel selector in place so it can't be moved, if you remove it you had better make sure when the unsingle is being used the switch is on the bottom barrel, my DT-10 is the same as most Beretta O/U unsingle guns,,,, I really don't understand why you'd want the top barrel to fire first anyway, shoot the unsingle and the O/U for doubles, but do what you like,,,,,,That screw needs a very small gunsmith screwdriver to remove and is very tight, easy to mess it up....Steve,,,, this screw also keeps you from moving the selector while shooting, opening the top lever can move the switch
I really don't plan to shoot this gun at all. I plan to sell it, and didn't want to pass on a problem to the next owner. Now, when I'm ready to sell, I can do so with a clear conscience. Thank you for clearing up this issue for me.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Joe, would you be able to post a picture of the screw you are referring to so we can guarantee we’re all on the same page. I’d be interested to see exactly what’s going on so I can learn if mine starts to have that problem what might fix it.
Thx
Sorry LowBrass366, I am out of town until next week and can't do any pics. Get back to me with a PM if you still want a pic next week.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
On that last point, I removed the screw on my old 682 (selectable, obviously) and accidentally moving the selector cost me a 25 in a single barrel event....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts