Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to sporting clays and want to Get an entry level gun below the $5000 mark. I have found a near mint condition 2010 DT-10 sporting model w/32 inch barrels for 4K. Would you go with the DT-10 or opt for a new 694? Also in the 4-5k range any other guns you would recommend? I would like a K-80 but I don’t I can’t find one less than 7k. I appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
12,898 Posts
DT-10 - all the way.

A much stronger, well thought out firearm.

I own a 687 and a 682, as well as a DT-10 - no comparison between the two lines.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
I would be leaning heavily on the Dt-10 side. I would check the barrel regulation on a patterning board and make sure both barrels are shooting to the same place at distance. Don't forget to use a tri-pod while your sitting to hold the gun steady. Freehand shooting for regulation will tell you nothing. Shooting on a table with a lead sled it best. Good Luck to Ya. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
DT10 all day for a variety of reasons.

Stronger action.

Drop out triggers (get yourself a spare trigger if you buy the gun).

Proven, the 694 is as yet an unknown quantity, and it's immediate predecessor, the 690/692 series was not Beretta's most popular model.

Just my 2c.

·
Premium Member
12,898 Posts
You don't really need a spare trigger set - just get spare main springs and a bunch of the sear-reset springs (there are three different sizes of these, you will need to hit them with a caliper to find what diameter wire you need).

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I agree with above on DT-10, but like Jeff said check it out, and find out how many times the slide lock has been replaced from original, after 2nd oversize it will be big bucks to repair. Beretta just came out with a new 687 SPIII for sporting and bird hunting, saw the video today and its really nice looking and supposed to be available in fall, check with Coles.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Get the 694. More modern features and barrel technology. I don’t like the Wide oversized Cross bolt Shoulders on the dt10, the 694 is a more reliable Action lockup.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Get the 694. More modern features and barrel technology. I don’t like the Wide oversized Cross bolt Shoulders on the dt10, the 694 is a more reliable Action lockup.
What is it about the 694 that gives it a more reliable action lockup than the DT10?

·
Premium Member
12,898 Posts
The current Beretta catalogue has the 694 running ~$4,500

The DT-11 (current variation of the DT-10 line) ~$11,000

As they say - you get what you pay for...

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
A well looked after low mileage DT10 would me my choice over a new 694 hands down if at the same or similar price point. No competition...........a complete 'no brainer'.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts